Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Off Topic--Completely Devastated...

Off Topic--Completely Devastated...

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:46 pm
Delta rare
rare

That was my attempt at a little light-heartedness (no disrespect intended, of course). I was watching one of those slapstick silly movies from the 80's last night and the line stuck with me Anyone care to guess which flick? Extra points for naming the actor/character.
Eat and drink well. It's better to die happy than to live miserably.

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:15 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Airplane! Leslie Nielson.

Whado I win!!! :wink:

Hope all the kings horses and all the kings men can fix Humpty, Dyal!

What a shame.

-YB
Weber Summit E-470
Weber 22" MasterTouch
New Braunfels Hondo offset
Bar-B-Chef offset
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Q-220

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:46 pm
Delta rare
rare

Right movie, of course! But it was someone else who had the line ( hopefully I didn't botch it).

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:45 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Actually the line is

"Good luck, We're all counting on you."

Neilson as Rumack.
(To be fair, I had to look it up. :wink: )

-YB
Weber Summit E-470
Weber 22" MasterTouch
New Braunfels Hondo offset
Bar-B-Chef offset
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Q-220

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:28 am
Delta rare
rare

Have to give you points for that correction, and deduct a few from myself...I was actually watching the Sequel (it was late). The line was something like "..son, we're all bettin' on ya!".

I realize I've lost the effect by now, but I do hope a new lid comes out of this.

Post Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:27 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Sorry to hear and see the bad news, Dyal. Fortunately it sounds like the BGE people are likely to take care of the situation.

Brad

Post Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:38 am
sroach well done
well done

Dyal,

Sorry to hear about that and see the picture. WOW.. I can only imaging how pissed you were.

Really curious how you make out today, I am shopping for my large egg and would be a comfort to know they took care if you.

Post Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:20 am
Griffin well done
well done

Man that blows!!

Fingers crossed for you today as you wait to find out.

I've never done a high temp burn before. Not sure I really see the reason behind it. 700 will usually clean off your placesetter pretty good. I usually just do 650. After seeing that, I don't think I ever will do one, either.

Post Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:23 pm
badwolfbay medium
medium

Dude, I saw that picture,and I had a lump in my stomach.

That is really weird over a grill, but I know how much you enjoy that thing. Haha.

I am at work right now, and it makes me want to leave and go tighten my bolts and stuff.

Sorry man, keep us posted.
Large BGE

Char-Griller 5050 Trio Gas-and-Charcoal Grill with SFB

Post Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:22 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

I sent the retailer my information today. He said it will be a couple days before he hears back from BGE. I'm keeping positive thoughts. :wink:
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:19 pm
EddieK1376 well done
well done

I'm not quite sure what the hold up is. There is a lifetime warranty on it.

Post Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:21 pm
d_holck well done
well done

badwolfbay wrote:
Dude, I saw that picture,and I had a lump in my stomach.
Sorry man, keep us posted.

+1

Based on their reputation, I don't see this going anything but your way. And, if you want a little 'extra', send them the link to this thread. The goodwill they'll get by doing the right thing far outweighs their cost to replace.
"... mmmmmmm 'bacon'."

CG Outlaw w/SFB
UDS
Old classic Weber Kettle

Post Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:11 am
Cactus1 well done
well done

Know you all like your BGE's and they're supposed to be capable of the high heat but there is their flaw. Need a whole lot more charcoal to get one of my Weber's to 1000, it might warp a little at that temp but it ain't going to fall apart.
I almost bought one 4 or 5 years ago, look at them when I see them on display, but I can do anything I'd want to do on an Egg on one of my Weber's.
I'm good with what I got.
But that is a shame and I'm sure BGE will stand behind it. Hate to see anyone's grills or smokers get damaged.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Post Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:24 am
EddieK1376 well done
well done

Cactus1 wrote:
Know you all like your BGE's and they're supposed to be capable of the high heat but there is their flaw. Need a whole lot more charcoal to get one of my Weber's to 1000, it might warp a little at that temp but it ain't going to fall apart.
I almost bought one 4 or 5 years ago, look at them when I see them on display, but I can do anything I'd want to do on an Egg on one of my Weber's.
I'm good with what I got.
But that is a shame and I'm sure BGE will stand behind it. Hate to see anyone's grills or smokers get damaged.

I've gotten min up to that temp numerous times and have never had any issues. Certainly not a flaw more like a freak thing.

Post Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:47 am
Dyal_SC well done
well done

+1 to what Eddie said... Gotten mine that high several times before... Weird. Still waiting to hear back. I bought a Weber Smokey Joe to hold me over in the meantime (my CG's grates are shot)... :)
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion