Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Tokyo-Style Chicken Dumplings and More (Pix)

Tokyo-Style Chicken Dumplings and More (Pix)

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Dyal_SC well done
well done

My wife and I wanted some finger foods for the game, so I picked out a recipe from Planet BBQ, and she picked out two other recipes. We had appetizers from 3 different Nations. :)

I went with Steven's Tokyo-Style Grilled Chicken Dumplings from Planet Barbecue.

I uncovered my CG and gave it some loving this afternoon. First time I've uncovered it since May when I got the BGE. I figured it would be easier to keep the skewers from burning by using a heat shield on the CG. I let the germs cook off for a long while before I put the food on. :wink:

Gave it a few pulses with the food processor, as to not overwork the chicken and bacon...it needs to be coursely ground.

Placed the mixture in a freezer for a little while to set up, then placed the Dumplings on Bamboo Skewers...

Onto the CG with a heat shield...

The Egg Wash gives the mixture a nice crusty outer layer, yet the inside is nice, soft and juicy. The Scallions, Fresh Ginger and Spice Mixture gave these an awesome flavor too. Simple, but delicious!

My wife made some awesome Fried Ravioli too! These things are so good that they should be illegal. :o She used Giada De Laurentis' recipe:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giad ... index.html

She also made an awesome 7 Layer Dip...
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/seven-laye ... etail.aspx

We have enough Appetizers to last us until next week, so this will be all the cooking we do today. Go Cocks!
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:04 pm
jsperk well done
well done

Another impressive spread. I'm grinding some more chicken today. Maybe I should try to do some on a skewer like that.
Weber OTG/smokneator/rotisserie
Grill Dome/Stoker

Post Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:30 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

There you two go again! I sure feel like I'm missing out. :D
Got beer???

Post Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:19 am
smokin'gal well done
well done

Very nice spread--I'm diggin' it. :)

Post Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:54 am
sroach well done
well done

Nice looking apps!! What is the dipping sauce you have there?

Post Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:08 am
Griffin well done
well done

Very nice, Dyal. I was looking at some of the ground chicken recipes in Planet BBQ, but haven't tried them yet. Bucket list continues to grow...

Post Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:13 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Thanks, y'all! sroach, that was marinara sauce for the fried ravioli.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Griffin well done
well done

After you mentioned these in the "What is your Favorite BBQ Sportsfood Poll", I decided to look these up on Google to see what was in them as I think I want to try them. Surprise, surprise that the first entry that popped up was for this page. I just thought I would resurrect it as I didn't remember seeing them (even though I commented on them back in 2011). These are going on the menu soon. :D

Dyal_SC well done
well done

Grif, they would probably be even better with a dumpling sauce to dip them in....but they are flavorful enough in their own.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Return to General Discussion