Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Dry Rubs

Dry Rubs

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Aug 08, 2003 2:57 pm
bj19138 raw
raw

:?: Do anybody know of a good dry rub for Pork Ribs :?:
" Big Jack from Philly"

Post Fri Aug 08, 2003 3:49 pm
stripegrill medium
medium

Big Jack,
I always enjoy the basic bbq rub in the How to Grill book. It is salt, brown sugar, paprika, black pepper, garlic powder, onion flakes, cayenne, celery seeds. Another good one is the Kansas City Sweet and Smoky Rub that is in the rubs book.

Post Fri Aug 08, 2003 10:37 pm
bj19138 raw
raw

Thanks for the info...... :D
" Big Jack from Philly"

Post Sat Aug 09, 2003 2:13 pm

Well here's one I've used many times and the ribs come out awesome.
Brown sugar, Cummin, Garlic power, cayenne pepper, onoin power, and ground Cloves.
I mix it all up in a big bowl. I then lightly spinkle some salt on the ribs both sides. I spead out some plastice wrap put the ribs on them and then spread the dry rub on them.( both sides). I then wrap them up tiightly in the plastice wrap and put them in the frig for at least
24 hrs. Place them in a tray or bakiing sheet to catch the jucies( your wife will like you for that). Then cook in smoker at about 225 with a pan of water with cut up apples orfill the pan with apple and grape jucie. If using a gas grill place a pan of water of juices over the
heat and place the ribs on the grill over the pan, and again cook on low heat. the key is low and slow. cook either method for about 4-5 hrs. SPraying the ribs about every hour with apple juice, The ribs should come out delicious and fall right off the bone.

Good luck.

Post Sat Aug 09, 2003 2:50 pm
jt

I've used the basic rub from the BBQ Bible in the past with great results :D .

Today I'm smkoing some ribs using the Kansas City Sweet and Smokey rub since I had some already made up from several weeks ago. It will interesting to compare how this rub works vs. the basic rub.
jt

Return to General Discussion