Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion BIG

BIG

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

BIG

Post Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Did anyone catch the show BIG on the Discovery Chanel? It's similar to a Monster House or Monster Garage (in fact some of the crew is old Monster Garage alumn.)
Anyway in last weeks episode they made "the worlds largest grill".
It was 15 feet high and 2o feet wide. They cooked a 9 foot long hot dog on it. The way they worked the grill was by a guy standing on it in a fire suit. It even had a rotis. and everything.

Klose was on the build team. Unfortunately through the editing they made him look pretty much like a goof.

I know I could make one bigger and badder if I had the money, but I don't think my wife would let me keep it on the porch.

Post Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:00 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

I don't have cable or dish and all the guys at work came in and asked me if I'd seen it or told me they should have taped it but didn't. Wished I had, it sounded fun.

Post Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:02 pm
MReynolds well done
well done

I absolutely love that show. You forgot to mention that they set the Guiness World Record for a barbecue grill. And I believe for the hot dog too? I don't remember. Sure would hate to be Gadget though. I'm sure his feet were on fire, even with the metal shoes. Those guys are just awesome craftsmen/fabricators. Wish I had the resources to do what they do.
ImageImage
PETA - People Eat Tasty Animals

Post Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:43 pm
Roundtuit rare
rare

Dang, they could have used that grill to do the 12 foot long hog someone (alledgedly) shot in Georgia recently! :))

Return to General Discussion