Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion 'London Broil' - With Thanks

'London Broil' - With Thanks

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:49 pm
Heavydluxe rare
rare

Hi all...

I posted a couple weeks ago re: my first attempt at a rub that ended up *way* too salty... Before that, I'd been a lurker here for quite some time.

Through reading so much, I managed to pull off a few purty darned tasty pounds of 'london broil' on Sunday night. Sadly, it was so tasty that we got consumed with eating and forgot the pics. But, I guess that is a good testament to how it went!

So, I marinated those and it worked... And I guess that means I'll just stick to marinades from now on.

At any rate... Just wanted to post to say thanks for all the posters here offering advice, recipes and tips to the rest of us. It's much appreciated.

T'anks, Brian

Post Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:33 pm
Roundtuit rare
rare

And a hearty AMEN to that, Heavydluxe...I, too, have been lurking and absorbing everything these guys know and my BBQ output has improved ten fold because of their ideas. Thanks to all of you and my wife thanks you, too!
:P

Post Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:08 pm
Heavydluxe rare
rare

I should probably also post a thank you to the wonderful people at Weber as well. I know they'll never read it, but still.

I had been drooling over LP grills for a while since I wanted to be able to cook more frequently, but rarely had the time to fire up the charcoal grill. Based on my research (and confirmed by reading yet more posts on here), I finally went out and bought a Weber Genesis Silver B for the homestead.

Nice equipment sure makes the rest of things easier... So, if anyone out there is on a budget and is thinking of a new gas/LP grill, I personally can't say anything negative about my Weber. That seems to be pretty commonplace, I've noticed.

Post Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:27 am
PaulP well done
well done

Heavydluxe,
Welcome to the board and to the ranks of Weber gas grill owners. I've owned a Silver B for 4 years now, and it cooks as well today as it did on day one (better in fact since it's seasoned.) Plerase note my recent post in the Weekend Disasters thread for a precautionary note on maintenance.

I've looked at lots of other grills, many priced considerably more than my Silver B, and I can honestly say that I woulsd not buy any of them with the exception of a Weber Summit. That's just a desire for a bigger toy, because when I think rationally about it, that's way more grill than I need for the cooking I do. So I can't justify paying the big bucks ($1300 and up.)
PaulP
If you don't like the food, have more wine

Post Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:10 pm
Vinsect well done
well done

There's a great feeling of accomplishment from turning out a good london broil. Lots of people can make a nice steak from a good piece of meat but turning out something tender, flavorful, and juicy out of a cheap tough cut of meat takes more skill.
Congratulations Heavydluxe. A good London Broil is a badge of honor.
If it aint broke, Break it!
Then rebuild it better.

Post Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:35 pm
Big D well done
well done

Glad everything work out well for both of you and hope you can gather many more ideas here and by all means share you trials and tribulations as well as success stories so we too can get good ideas in addition to offering advice.

As far as Weber goes -I am a proud owner of a Weber Summit Gold D and couldnt be happier and there has been many threads were others agree - the entire weber package is just outstanding

Return to General Discussion