Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Whole Fish Kebabs

Whole Fish Kebabs

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:34 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

I found these fresh baby snapper at the market this morning and could not resist. Picked them up and decided to grill them.
The fish were skewered and snuffed with onions, lemon s, fresh herbs, spices and garlic. I basted them with a mixture of olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, fresh herbs, and spices during cooking.
The meal: grilled baby snapper, baby okra, baby summer squash, baby portabella mushrooms, and baby white onions. I wish every day was a weekend.
That was awesome!
Last edited by BBcue-Z on Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:15 pm
spfranz well done
well done

Those look simply awesome! I'm so jealous. What a great set of pics, Z!

Scott
I like vegetarians. Some of my favorite foods are vegetarians.

Post Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:12 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Thats an awesome set of pictures.
GREAT meal!!

Post Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:11 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Okra is on my list of things to grill! And are those squash with the mushrooms? Everything looks so delicious! Those fish on the grill look more like swordfish than red snappers :wink: :D

Great job Z!

Post Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:14 am
ThrRoff well done
well done

I say again, Z you are the master!!

Post Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:21 pm
PaulP well done
well done

Z, you da man!
I really like the idea of removing the grate under the fish. Sure solves the whole "fish sticks to the grate" problem!

Where did you get those skewers? While they're a tad big for most things, they're perfexct for this application.
PaulP
If you don't like the food, have more wine

Post Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:43 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Thank you Guys you are the best. :D
I was so proud of myself; I had to share it with everyone.

Bob,
It was my first time grilling okra. I saw it at the store that morning, and it looked too good and fresh. I basted it with a mixture of olive oil, garlic and lemon juice, it was delicious. And that was baby summer squash with the mushrooms.

Paul,
I got those skewers in San Jose, Ca. at a Middle Eastern store. They have riveted handles and made out of heavy gauge stainless steel. They were $2.25 each. I couldn’t believe the price, so I bought 10 of them and shipped them home. They’re usually used for ground meat Kebabs (Kofta), see HTG page#190 for description.
As far as cooking off of the grates, that’s a very common way of cooking in the Mediterranean area. They rarely use grill grates for cooking. If you have Steven’s BBQ Bible, he covered this in details. And you’re right; it does solve the food sticking to the grill issue.

Return to General Discussion