Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Culinary Institute of Smoke Cooking - CISC

Culinary Institute of Smoke Cooking - CISC

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:04 am
willisamrhein medium
medium

Has anyone participated or are currently participating in the Culinary Institute of Smoke Cooking correspondence BBQ course? Just wondering if it was worth hte money. If you don't know what it is, info is at:

http://www.bbqcookingschool.com/

Thanks for the info.

Post Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:32 am
Vinsect well done
well done

Sounds interesting.
I'll bet Steven could make a great curriculum. Between his books, this site, and the TV show my grilling has improved beyond measure.

Hey Info, how many posts till we get diplomas?
If it aint broke, Break it!
Then rebuild it better.

Post Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:05 am
Airfoils well done
well done

Dunno but Steve's hardback versions of his books are worth the money. Best BBQ education I ever got was with Steve's books.

Post Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:36 pm
willisamrhein medium
medium

I agree 100% about Steve's books. In fact, that's what started this obsession. It's the one hobby of mine that the wife doesn't complain about because she benefits from it. However, I was told that she and my family were thinking about purchasing this for me as a gift. I would much rather go to BBQ University, but there is a SUBSTANTIAL price difference. So I was asking to determine whether or not it would be a waste or still be of some benefit.

Thanks!

Post Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:59 pm
Airfoils well done
well done

Sounds like they want to get ot for you and it will make them happy. I'm sure you'll learn somet things so I'd suggest letting them gift you lol

Post Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:14 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Just let us know how it turns out.
If its worth the money and the time you may start a trend.

Post Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:10 pm
willisamrhein medium
medium

I will be sure to let you know how everything goes. It sounds as though it will be an Christmas gift, so I won't be able to give a review until next year sometime.

At the very least, it will give me an excuse to fire up the grills even more frequently for class material. One thing that is kind of neat is that according to the program, you need to appoint a mentor to grade your food. With this in mind, I will be able to meet a local pit master and pick his brain. Shouldn't be a problem since I'm not opening a restaraunt that would compete with him/her......yet. :P

Return to General Discussion