Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Fort Lauderdale Georgian BBQ sauce?

Fort Lauderdale Georgian BBQ sauce?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:20 pm
Esquire59 medium-rare
medium-rare

Hello to all from the new guy. Steve, I love your show and have four of your books.

Has anyone ever been to the Georgia Pig in Fort Lauderale on old Davie Road? The 'Pig continually wins awards for Broward County's best 'que. If so, anyone have the receipe to that magnificent sauce? I really want to duplicate it for use at home.

Post Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:31 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Thanks for the Heads up on te Georgia Pig. I've nver heard of it. But since I get down to that area fairly often I will deffinately put it on my list. My current favorite down there is Bobby Rubinos and I'll alway and I mean always go out of my way for a Jack's Old Fashioned Hamburger.
Sorry I can't help you with a copy of the Georgia Pig sauce, I'll have to try it first.

Post Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:22 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Welcome to the board Esquire59!

Only been to Florida once, sorry I can't help you there.

Stick around and enjoy some Que with us! :D

Post Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:01 pm

Thank you both for the kind welcme. I love message boards and I love 'quing, what a perfect set up y'all have.

I would LOVE for someone to post a recipe for the Georgia Pig's sauce. If you're in Fort Lauderdale, you MUST try their smoked pork. Its sliced, a little untraditional in that form. Perfect hickory flavor and, while I'm not a huge sauce guy, hands down the best sauce I've ever had. Its definitely a vinegar based sauce but I can't figure it out from there. FYI, The Georgia Pig is on Hgwy 441 and Old Davie Road. Best 'que in Broward County.

Post Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:02 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Thank you both for the kind welcme. I love message boards and I love 'quing, what a perfect set up y'all have.

I would LOVE for someone to post a recipe for the Georgia Pig's sauce. If you're in Fort Lauderdale, you MUST try their smoked pork. Its sliced, a little untraditional in that form. Perfect hickory flavor and, while I'm not a huge sauce guy, hands down the best sauce I've ever had. Its definitely a vinegar based sauce but I can't figure it out from there. FYI, The Georgia Pig is on Hgwy 441 and Old Davie Road. Best 'que in Broward County.

BTW, guess I didn't automatically log in, but the above guest post was from yours truly.

Return to General Discussion