Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Help me ID this grill from the BBQ show!

Help me ID this grill from the BBQ show!

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:26 pm
burnsie raw
raw

Hi all-
I just watched Barbeque University, Saturday, July 17th, 11:30am-12:00noon and loved the show.
My inquiry is about the blue grill Steve used. It looked like a nice one and I'm in the process of adding another grill to my back patio. I have a charcoal fired 18" Weber kettle and a large Texas style smoker. I'd like to add something a bit larger than the kettle.
The grill today had a top handle with a thermometer attached. Sounds useful.
Can anybody identify what grill that was? I'd love to have a closer look.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks and keep the grill hot!
steve burns

Post Sat Jul 17, 2004 5:38 pm

I think it's a Weber kettle with a thermometer built into the handle of the lid.

Post Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:49 pm
missing link well done
well done

the grill that you are looking at is the weber performer 22.5 it is a charcoal grill. :D

I would like to have this grill but i,m not going to fork out $ 500.00 dollar but if could I would in a heart beat .[ :lol:

hope this help.
the missing link
Have Fun and keep it Low and Slow.

Post Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:47 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Howdy burnsie, welcome to the board! I hope you were able to find the information you needed on the Weber Performer. Indeed a nice grilling rig.

Post Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:03 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Hey burnsie , I hope you stick around and enjoy the insanity.
If you want to see a really impressive setup check out Steve's blog for this month, there's a picture of all the grills he has at BBQ-U. Most of us are green with envy.
Even if you don't want to/can't shell out that kind of money for that particular grill, There are many other Weber grills (and others) out there to choose from. Some of the other Webers have many of the same features for less money. Check em out or feel free to ask advise. Advise around here is free and almost always good.

Return to General Discussion