Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Memphis BBQ Pilgrimage

Memphis BBQ Pilgrimage

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:08 pm
1cajuncook medium
medium

I taking a 3 day pilgrimage to Memphis next week. I have the Rondevous, Jim Neely's Interstate and Leonard's on my list.

Did I miss any that I "must" visit?
Life's too short to eat bland food.

Post Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:22 pm
steede rare
rare

I'm not a Memphis expert, but I guess you would have to add Corky's to your list, and I would highly recommend the ribs at Blues City Cafe on Beale Street. It's not one of the more famous joint, but I think their ribs are out of this world. Hope you have a good trip.

-steede

Post Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:03 am
Vinsect well done
well done

1cajuncook, Wish I could ride along with you. Maybe you could get some "to go" orders to drop off on your way back. I'm right off I-575.
While your there, check out a band that plays at Elvis Presley's Memphis on Beale st. They're called the Dempseys and they put on one of the best shows you'll ever see.
http://www.thedempseys.net

Glad to have another Atlanta neighbor. Welcome to the group.
If it aint broke, Break it!
Then rebuild it better.

Post Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:43 am
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Welcome to the board 1cajuncook,
I hope you’ll have a good trip. As Vinsect stated, it’s good to have another Atlanta member in the group.

Post Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:40 am
mudx2 medium-rare
medium-rare

Well, I just got back from my 3 day trip!! I did eat at Rondevous, very good! We also ate at Neeley's, which I don't think there is any relation to Jim Neely's. It was excelent, little better than Rondevous. We tried to go to The BBQ Shop, but they were on vacation for two weeks, and we tried to find Corkeys, but couldn't. We had a real good trip!!

And, met Stump Mitchell in the hotel lounge where we stayed!

Return to General Discussion