Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion 1,000 Members!!!

1,000 Members!!!

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:08 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Kaare Sørensen has joined us today and he makes our ONE THOUSANDTH member! :D

Post Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:08 pm
Big D well done
well done

Hoorah! and Bob you are only 44 posts away from 1000!!!!! Its a big day here :D

Post Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:16 pm
pizzakngjr medium-rare
medium-rare

It's not July 4th but close enough!! Welcome all new members and stick around this place is great fun and reading!!! not to mention GREAT FOOD!!!

Post Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:21 pm
jm42fan well done
well done

Let's keep building the members. The more members, the more ideas. I tell everyone I know to get HTG, & tell them about this site. I haven't seen those 2 people on here yet. :lol:
CGwSFB
Coleman 3300 gasser

Post Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:32 pm
pizzakngjr medium-rare
medium-rare

Only 2 well your 2 ahead of me....We need Steven to come here to the St. Louis area THAT WOULD ROCK!!!!

Post Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:38 pm
jm42fan well done
well done

Heck I would settle for just being able to see the BBQU show. It's not on around here. Last year it was on the food network. I get that channel.
CGwSFB
Coleman 3300 gasser

Post Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:51 pm
Rifter well done
well done

It would be cool to get Steve up here to Boise, too. :-) I guess we are not considered a hot bed of BBQ. It was really sad, that our one mention, in BBQ USA was for Potatoes. We also have world class trout, and Rocky Mountain Oysters. :-)
Kevin 'Rifter' Rank

Post Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:15 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Congrats to all of us, a 1000 member and growing stronger. Bob we’ll have to give a BBQ party when you post your 1000's post. That’s a great accomplishment. :)
And a special thanks to Steven for providing us with this great board.

Post Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:19 am
vfxtrev medium-rare
medium-rare

Congratulations guys!!! This is the best bbq site on the net, hands down! Thanks to the moderators and Steve for helping make it a success.

Trevor

Post Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:20 am
Vinsect well done
well done

Since I sell grills at Home Depot, I send people here all the time and have been for some time now. I know some people have told me they've been on the site but I have yet to see anyone I've sent become a board member. :(
I often tell people the board is the best part of the site and write down the address for them.
Info, maybe we could come up with some Seth Godin style marketing ideas to get more participation?
Since BBQ-U has started airing in the Atlanta area, I've been seeing more and more people who have seen the show and a few people who have a book or 2 of Steven's.

Personally, this message board has made as much difference in my grilling as the books, and the show. When you put it all together though, its even more potent.
From a business perspective, it makes sense too. I've bought a second book and recomended Steven's books to more people than I can count. I intend to keep getting more books too which is good for Workman. I sell a lot more Weber grills than I used to which is great for Weber and I buy Johnsonville brats and plan on trying Woodbridge wines as well.

Info, Since the TV show promotes bbqu.net could a message board link be put on bbqu.net?
I know there's already a link to barbecuebible.com but a link straight to the message board would be even better. Obviously, you want to promote the books on the website but if you promote the message board, we'll in turn promote more books and a customer will probably buy more books down the road than they would have otherwise.
If it aint broke, Break it!
Then rebuild it better.

Return to General Discussion