Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Question about Chargriller

Question about Chargriller

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:18 pm
whodat1 rare
rare

First off: A big THANX to Bob-BQN for the assistance with the picture. I noticed that when you posted the actual text for the link it differs from what I used to use for linking photos. I think earthlink has changed the location of content and I didn't catch it. So again thanks.

TO Brisket Man: Yes I am in Katy and yes Q'n in the sun is rough. Its not too bad if you smoking a shoulder or brisket, since you only go out there at brief periods to add fuel or check temperature. But grilling is a different story. Especially if its something that needs constant attention. That photo is about 3 years old and the yard has been reaarranged some, but the Klose ain't going nowhere (sitting on a concrete slab), so its still in the sun. I am thinking of putting a fabric/plastic carport over the Q area, but there might be a problem. Since you live in Deer Park, you know what a Texas Home Owners Association is. I think the carport would get the yard nazis on my back, so I keep putting off doing it.

Post Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:58 pm

I, too, have had some problems with logging in. If I just select "log in" is when I have issues. But if I log in to check private messages, it seems to always work. Wonder if there's some problem with the "log in" link. Noticed Z or some others had problems logging in over the past few days.

Yeah, I know about Home Owners Ass'n, although the subdivision I am in now doesn't have one. Hang in there. I showed the photo to my wife and she was so impressed with the layout - the rock base, the block walk areas, etc. I was most impressed with the two smokers, of course, although the physical layout was very interesting. It was your picture (wiht a couple of Rubbermaid type containers) that prompted my own posting of what do others use for storage for charcoal bags, tools, etc that keep'em safe, dry and handy. Are you still using those same type of storage containers?

Post Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:13 pm
whodat1 rare
rare

No, I am no longer using the rubbermaid containers. As I said, the picture is about 3 years old and it turns out that they can't take the Texas sun. They had started to crack and I got rid of them this year. I found a yard shed at Sears two months ago that was only 5' 2" high, so the Association doesn't see over the 6' fence. I started storing my supplies there. I moved my gas grill into the space vacated ( I think I might have too many grills, but I just can't seem to throw out anything that still works.)

ps How do you get the cool Tx license sig? I assumed that the moderators had these for a while, but you appear to be as new as me here.

Post Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:21 pm

I had the idea on the license plates, but I poked around on the forum and found that it's a common question - has it's own topic heading. Try this topic link:
http://barbecuebible.com/board/viewtopi ... nse+plates
I don't know if the "link" is active (it looks like it is), but if you can't click on the phrase above, do a search for that specific topic. It'll give you several posts back and forth on the plates, and where to go to make your own. The only thing you need is a "constant" place to store your plate, once you make it. You'll need a host server or maybe your ISP provides a hosting service for you. In otherwords, you can't just store it on your own hard drive as a link. Anyway, hope that helps. Oh, and the storage buiilding is an excellent idea. Thanks!

Post Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:10 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

whodat1 you can make your license plate at the following link:
http://www.acme.com/licensemaker/licens ... 1879592892

Be sure to right-click and save the grapic to your local computer!!! As they don't allow linking to their website.

Then post you image on the Internet. If you don't have a place Image Shack is free:
http://www.imageshack.us/

If you require additional help getting the graphic to display here let me know.

Post Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:27 pm
goldenbear medium-rare
medium-rare

That is cool! Thanks for the info!

Post Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:03 am
whodat1 rare
rare

Thanks to BBque-Z for the chargriller order info, my parts are on the way! And thanks the other people for the info on the license plate sigs.

Post Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:40 am

Golden Bear and Whodat, you are lookin' GOOD. And WhoDat, on the chargriller, I hope it turns out the best meat you've ever done. Assume since it's humpday, you're getting ready for the weekend with some major Qi'ing, right?

Post Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:42 am
whodat1 rare
rare

Actually Not. I have one of those jobs that has a lot of travel and irregular hours. I have to go to San Diego this weekend and after I get back I will be packing for 3-4 weeks in Nova Scotia. The only upside to my job is they compensate me for OT so they show me Da Money!

But sometimes it leaves little time for Q'n. July is supposed to be my slack season, but not this year. I'm lucky this year if I get some grilling in. I have not smoked anything yet this year.

Post Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:04 pm
johann well done
well done

Here I thought all the liscense plates were real. I was just about to take a picture of mine when I saw this thread.

I have to say, I'm a little dissappointed! Unless of course ya'll really have those vanity plates.

Post Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:54 pm
Longmill well done
well done

Not here. Mine's just a plain old plate from NC DMV.

Some of them do look real, don't they? :)

Longmill
CharGriller Super Pro SFB
Charcoal GOSM
Sunbeam gas grill

Previous

Return to General Discussion