Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Kroger near you? CG SuperPro $74.99!!!

Kroger near you? CG SuperPro $74.99!!!

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:03 am
TonyGreek medium-rare
medium-rare

now, i'm not one for the hyperbole that is the exclamation point....however.... !!!!

i've been keeping my eye on the Char-Griller Super Pro prices, and as we head towards mid-summer was hoping for clearance sales (wal-mart already has back to school set-ups and christmas trees in the stockroom... ;). been checking the Kroger grocery stores as they carry them and just bought one for $74.99! they were regularly $99.00 there as a loss-leader but have now clearanced them. currently the grill is $119 at Lowe's.

at 74.99, i couldn't afford not to buy one. now how to tell the wife...

-Tony

Post Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:27 am
snapshot0729 well done
well done

TonyGreek, you typed...
i couldn't afford not to buy one. now how to tell the wife...

That's EASY!!!

Make her favorite grilled dinner for her this weekend on it

I've got so many exterior cooking devices, that when I come home with a new/different one the wife just shakes her head, smiles and asks what's for dinner.

later

Joe

Post Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:30 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

TonyGreek great deal! Congratulations on the new gear. Try showing her some of the pictures of the CharGriller in action that are posted on the board :D .

P.S. don't forget to season it before using...

Post Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:36 am
mudx2 medium-rare
medium-rare

See, my wife kinda frowned at the idea of spending $170 on a "grill," :x , but what she didn't understand, it's not just a "grill," it's a smoker!! :lol: 3 months later, she has realized SHE is the benificiary of my new hobby!! :D

Post Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:00 pm
TonyGreek medium-rare
medium-rare

there's 2 ways i've begun to set the stage for this grill:

a.) kept up the repeated comments of "does this rib/chicken/brisket taste rusty to you?" sooner or later, she'll think it does. vertical brinkman is showing it's age.

b.) whining it's too hard to fit the 24lb thanksgiving turkey on the vertical. if i'm cooking, need more room. (that's the record i currently hold).

-Tony

Post Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:06 am
Daemien rare
rare

All you guys in the States really tick me off!!! :x

How about we make a trade?? You send all your good BBQ stores up here to Canada, and you can keep Celine Dion!! :P

Sound fair?? hehehe

D.

Actually, just keep Celine Dion...

... Please!!

Post Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:39 pm
Vinsect well done
well done

Daemien,
Vermont Castings is based out of Canada. (You'd think they would be based out of Vermont)
Instead of Celine, send us Rush and I'll see if we can build a few more Home Depots in your area.

As for you guys trying to win the wife's support... it helps me to let my wife get all the shoes, pocketbooks, and house decorations she wants. My wife actually orders grilling catalogs for me. Most of all, make sure she doesn't have to clean up any messes after you cook.
If it aint broke, Break it!
Then rebuild it better.

Post Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:14 am
MReynolds well done
well done

Or just get your wife involved in the whole activity. My wife absolutely loves the results of my grilling/smoking efforts. I actually have her tending to the water smoker today smoking a turkey breast while I'm at work. It's a team effort thing. If you want to enjoy the fruits, you have to share in the labor. :wink:

Oh, and you can keep Celine. Just send beer.
ImageImage
PETA - People Eat Tasty Animals

Return to General Discussion