Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion 4 Beer Can Chickens

4 Beer Can Chickens

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:32 am
dmcdtc rare
rare

I ma planning on grilling 4 or 5 Beer Can Chickens in my Brinkman Deluxe Smoker on Saturday. I will be getting the temperature to 350 as needed. The general recipe calls for 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes. I've done 2 at a time before and had no problems getting them done right. Since I'm having guests over I want to plan the time right. Will the time be the same or should I expect it to take longer?

Thanks in advance.

Dennis

Post Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:37 am
Big D well done
well done

It should take a little longer - but not a lot longer.... I couldnt really give you an exact time but for me I did 3 BCC on Sunday for dinner and it took about 1 hour and 45 mins I belive.. I would check them with an instant read thermometer at an 1 1/2 hours and that should give ya an idea

Post Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:43 am
Airfoils well done
well done

It's going to vary on how many cubic inches your cooker is, the outside temperature etc. Just remember, you can always keep them warm in the oven for awhile while you get toether other things for the meal so plan on having them done early anyway. Plus it gives them time for the juices to redistribute. Depending on how far out you are, you can alternately set the oven to 170 or not turn it on at all and just put foil over them.

Post Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:00 pm
goldenbear medium-rare
medium-rare

When I made my first BCC, I smoked it at my house and then took the chicken wrapped in foil over to my in-laws an hour drive away. When we got there, we didn't eat until maybe another half hour. But to my surprise, when I took the chicken out, it was still pretty warm that we didn't need to reheat it. And the chicken was full of juices. BTW, I kept the beer can in the chicken while I transported to my in-laws. It might had something to do with the chicken still being warm.

Post Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:11 pm
dmcdtc rare
rare

Grilled up the four chickens on Saturday and they were a hit. THey came out fantastic and juicy as ever. Cooked for approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes and reached temperature no problem at 350 degrees. All in all everyone was completely satisfied.

Dennis

Post Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:25 pm
Big D well done
well done

Good to here they were a success! Keep on grillin and sharin your stories

Post Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:00 pm
Airfoils well done
well done

Great to hear Dennis, no stopping you now :wink:

Post Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:14 pm
BigDaddy medium
medium

I agree with the 1 hour 45 min. I did 4 BCC on my Char-Griller and it took right about that time.

Return to General Discussion