Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Bad news from Weber

Bad news from Weber

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:11 pm
vfxtrev medium-rare
medium-rare

Hey everyone... well I just had a bad experience with Home Depot and Weber... I had ordered a Weber Performer grill up here in Canada through Home Depot. My order is now cancelled because Weber said that the Performer is no longer available and in fact, has been discontinued until their new model comes out in November. Man, was I disappointed -- it's already hard enough to buy the right grill up here because we don't get the instore selection that you guys can get access to in the States. So if I try and re-order something else, I will have to wait another 2 weeks to get a grill. All the good mid-range grills have to be special ordered up here - if you want an in-store one, you either buy bottom-of-the-line or the very very expensive top-of-the-line. Chargrillers, Weber One-Touch Platinum, Weber Genesis Gold or Summit A -- all have to be special ordered. I hate it.

Anyway, that's my rant. Just want to let anyone know if you're thinking of getting a Weber Performer - you probably won't be able to. At least in Canada as far as I know. Weber is still the best, but they have greatly disappointed me big time. Sucks.

Regards,

Trevor

Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:33 pm
Vinsect well done
well done

Trevor,
As a guy who sells Webers at Home Depot, I'm sorry for the disapointment.
But just think, you'll be one of the first ones to get to try out the new Performer.
Besides, if you just put out all that cash for a perfomer right before the new model came out and it had awesome new features that would have been worth the wait, would'nt you have wished you'd gotten one of the cool new ones instead?

Hope that helps?
Some of us here at Home Depot do sincerely care about our customers grilling.
Vincent
If it aint broke, Break it!
Then rebuild it better.

Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:11 am
vfxtrev medium-rare
medium-rare

The problem is that the new Performer isn't available til November... and I want a bbq now before the summer is over - i don't currently own one yet, but i've been researching my different options - unfortunately here in Canada, all the grills I like have to be special ordered which takes time. So I won't be getting a Performer at all -- now I'm probably just going to get a Weber Silver or Gold - geez sure wish I had the cash for a Summit - those rock!!!

Trevor

Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:02 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Bummer Trev. I really do feel your pain.
Just because I'm a Weber man I'll blame the evil Orange Empire for you. Sorry Vinsect and Dark. :wink:

Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:29 am
BrockinFla rare
rare

What is all this blame Weber, or blame Home Depot? Lets place the blame where it properly belongs.

Blame Canada!
Semper Fi

Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:34 am
irishfolker medium
medium

Yes, those cheap grills in their store are Weapons of Meat Destruction!!!!
Thig Crioch air an t-saoghal ach mairidh gaol is ceol

Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:20 am
Airfoils well done
well done

Trev, if you want one to tide you over till you get the new Perfomer model, definately get a gold. You'll kick yourself over and over for not going with the one touch ash catcher. Plus, you can snuggle it up to the Perfomrer when you get it and double your work surface. I have 2 22.5" kettles and use both often.

Go for the Gold and live regret free :D

Post Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:46 am
DarkRubiTJ medium-well
medium-well

Vinsect-I like my customers grilled well done :twisted:

Trev-I agree with Airfoils a 22.5 Kettle is very handy to have around. I went for 50 some years without one just got one and wonder how I ever got by without it. You really need to read between the lines concerning the information you received from Weber. The Performer is not the only grill or grills be replaced in November, Pricing on available stocks could be signifigantly different in the same time frame. Sometimes the best course of action is no action.
Weber "Q", Weber Performer, Weber 22.5" Bar-B-Kettle

Post Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:56 am
DarkRubiTJ medium-well
medium-well

Grand-I blame 'em every day, it doesn't matter. But this problem is not of our making this time.
Weber "Q", Weber Performer, Weber 22.5" Bar-B-Kettle

Return to General Discussion