Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion MY VERY FIRST CHARCOAL GRILL/SMOKER

MY VERY FIRST CHARCOAL GRILL/SMOKER

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:40 am
Big D well done
well done

Well I wont quite say I am a convert yet, but then again I always did recognize the better flavour of charcoal over gas.

I cant tell you exactly what model it is because I havent received it yet and nor did I purchase it. Actually my friends Dad gave it to me as a gift for agreeing to BBQ for him and his 50 or so employees at his small businesses 30th aniversry party - in addition to giving me a very large food budget and no real restrictions other than to have a mix of beef, pork, chicken and seafood products (that alone is enough./... mmmm)

I have been told it will be a Brickmann offset - I'll let ya know when it arrives.. I am looking forward to using it at my cottage this weekend - where it might have to stay because I am not quite sure my Apartment will allow charcoal grills or not.

Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:59 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Congrats on the new rig D and you sure can't beat the price either! From what I know the Brinkman is similar to the Chragriller. I'd reccomend brushing up on te Chragriller posts that have been flying around here lately and be prepared. Especially focus on the posts by BBcue-Z, perhaps most importantly of all the one on seasoning.
Enjoy the new toy!

Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:58 am
irishfolker medium
medium

You are going to have so-o-o-o-o-o-o-o much fun!!!!!!!!! Making great food AND playing with fire, how can it not be the greatest? Welcome to the brotherhood.

irishfolker
Thig Crioch air an t-saoghal ach mairidh gaol is ceol

Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:16 pm
mudx2 medium-rare
medium-rare

I have a Brinkman Pitmaster Delux, I like it a lot. I've had it about 3 months now. One thing you need to know, is the difference in temp from the grate to the themometer on top of the smoker is about 50 degrees difference. I didn't really ruin any food b4 I knew that, but everything came out a lot better after I did figured that out. Ok, well I did do a bbc that didn't come out that great, I haven't tried it since. I bought a second themomter for the rack, and everything is great now.

Of course I did a rack of ribs 1st thing after that, and my wife went nuts!! They were pretty good.

I love my grill though, not too big, not too small......

Return to General Discussion