Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion New Char-Griller

New Char-Griller

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:20 pm
smokin' ed medium-well
medium-well

OK, I'm going to have to remember to log in - then type, not the other way around. Sorry about that. :oops: :oops:

Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:10 pm
BigDaddy medium
medium

Welcome to the Char-Griller group. Hey... BBcue-Z... when do the kick backs start? :lol:

Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:39 pm
Rifter well done
well done

BigDaddy wrote:
Welcome to the Char-Griller group. Hey... BBcue-Z... when do the kick backs start? :lol:

You know, I was wondering the same thing. Had BBcue-Z's post not been around, when I was researching a new smoker, I would have gone with the Weber smoker. Because of his posts, and suggestions, I did more research on the Chargriller, and picked one up.
Kevin 'Rifter' Rank

Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:06 pm

The day's almost over and I'm doin' a little catching up on all the char-griller posts.... about the kickbacks, funny, but I just assumed Z worked for Char-Griller.

I'm lovin' this site for alllll the information that's being put out there on a variety of subjects. Thanks to all the experts out there who are helping us newbies along.

Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:59 pm
BigDaddy medium
medium

Well... I will bet that Z knows more about the Char-Griller than many of the people who work for Char-Griller do... If anyone has mastered that unit.... it's Z... he's the man.

Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:37 pm
smokin' ed medium-well
medium-well

Yeah, I'll have to admit if it wasn't for all the posts singing praises for the Char-Griller, I wouldn't have even considered one. I was under the impression that these were flimsy smokers because whoever put the floor model together at my local Lowe's did a lousy job. If it weren't for the posts, I wouldn't have gone back to examine the smoker more closely. Now that mine's together, I can't wait to fill it up with all sorts of stuff. :D

Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:33 pm

I just bought a char-griller about a week ago because i needed a bigger grill for my july
4th cook-out! Let me tell you; The Char-grill is the mother of all grills (M.O.A.G.).
I was able to use it as a slow smoker without the fire-box. I only used one chimney full of
charc at the beginning with some hickory chunks and kept the temp at around 220.
I smoked 2 boston butts and a beer- can chicken for six or seven hrs. There were no left-overs.

Hail Char-grill!!
Death to propane!
I like my toast a little burnt.

Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:16 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

SGt Shultz- Great Handle. "I zee nuthinink, I know nothink, I did not even get up zis mornink" Man I used to love that show!

You know you think that many of us here would have endorsement deals, but to my knowledge (other than a few Home Depot Guys) and obviously Steve himself, none of us here has any affiliation with any manufacturerer or supplier or any other profit motivation for being here. Thats part of what makes this place so great.

Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:13 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

SGT_SHULTZ welcome to the board! Shultz was my favorite "Hero". We used to watch the show twice a day at lunch time around here. Hope you'll stick around and join the maddness....err I mean fun! :D

Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:24 pm

Congrats to all new CharGriller owners. :D
This board means so much to me, I'm posting form Disneyland, CA. You know my family think I'm crazy. :oops:

Here is the link you asked for. See you guys in few days.
BBcue-Z wrote:
bcarl,
You don’t have to get a bottom plate made; they sell them at the link below for $8.00. I think the reference was to the entire body of the smoker and not just the bottom. Thicker metals tend to hold the heat very well. But I don’t think this smoker/grill needs any help. It was 90 degrees here yesterday in Atlanta, and I had the smoker setting in the shade (no fire inside of it), and the gauge was registering 175 degrees for most of the day.
http://www.hawgeyesbbq.com/BBQ-Accessories.html

BBcue-Z

Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:32 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

From Disney? Z I'm as nuts as you and even I think you're crazy! But it wouldn't be nearly as much fun around here without ya! Now go out and have a great Vacation, the rest of the Horsemen will hold down the fort while you're away.

Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:39 pm
goldenbear medium-rare
medium-rare

Hey Z! Welcome to my neck of the woods! I live 10 minutes from Disneyland. Hope you enjoy your vacation. No wonder I haven't seen you post as many as you normally do. How long are you in town?

Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:31 pm

Well thanx for havin me fellas. Glad this board exists. I see many many things to try
out. Heck, if it werent for u guys my pulled pork wouldnt have turned out the way it
did as I was taking the meat off the grill at 180f instead of the 190f that was suggested
by you folks. Happy Grillin!

Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:43 pm

OOPS! I forgot to log on. The last one was mine. If Klink vere to find out what a dunkoff
I vass he would be a very sour kraut! He he.
I like my toast a little burnt.

Post Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:29 pm

goldenbear wrote:
Hey Z! Welcome to my neck of the woods! I live 10 minutes from Disneyland. Hope you enjoy your vacation. No wonder I haven't seen you post as many as you normally do. How long are you in town?

I'll be leaving Fri the 9th around 12p.
Thanks for your understanding Grand :oops:

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion