Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Genesis or Summit?

Genesis or Summit?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sat Jul 03, 2004 7:32 am
2beast medium-well
medium-well

It is getting to be time for another grill. In looking at the Weber, Is it worth the price difference to jump from a Genesis to a Summit :?:

Thanks..............................

Post Sat Jul 03, 2004 11:37 am
Big D well done
well done

Thats a tuff one.. you eed to ask your self how much you can afford to spend, how much you will use it (and what kind of volume you normally use). I bought the Summit Gold D because it is my personality to Go Big or Go Home.. but I dont think I would have complained with a Genesis series ;)

Post Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:02 pm
CRUBOS raw
raw

I too, debated on which one to get. I like to entertain lots of people when I entertain. I really did not think I would ever use the infared or rotiserie. That is until my girlfriend assued me how much juicer the cuts would be. Soooo, I ended up getting the Summit "D" and have can't get over how awesome it is. For the extra bucks its really woth it.
8) Crubos

Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:47 am
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I've done a lot of research while looking for my next grill, and I'd say that the Summit Gold "D" is just about the best grill you can get. It also has a separate smoker box with its own burner, which is a great idea. (There's a picture of it in How To Grill- Steven used the Summit for a lot of the pics.).

My neighbor also just bought a Summit, and I've been spending a few weekends showing him how to use it - he's not a great cook, but he's been learning really fast. We used the rotisserie the last time I was over, and it does an incredible job on all kinds of foods.

If price isn't too big an issue, the Summit would be the one to get. I plan to buy one in a few years when the time comes (yes- I still use gas on occasion, although I'm more of a charcoal fan).

Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:44 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

If you've decided to go gas which it seems you have I won't go into the whole gas vs charcoal thing. I'm a gas man myself. The main thing to realize is that you will NEVER go wrong with Weber. I'm going to leave the money issue out as well because only you (and your wife :wink: ) knows you budget. They are both great grills. What it mainly boils down to me is size. Do you want or need that much cooking space? The features beyond that are comparable and others can be added as accessories. That said, I too am an elated D owner.
Enjoy your new grill whichever you choose.

Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:45 am
2beast medium-well
medium-well

After looking at both models side by side............I bought a Summit Silver B.
It looks like it should handle my requirements.
Thanks ..........................

Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:24 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Congratulations on the new grill 2beast! I hope you'll get many, many years of use out of it. :D

Return to General Discussion