Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion BBcue-z Add another to the list!!

BBcue-z Add another to the list!!

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:24 pm

pizzakngjr wrote:
Hey "Z" Got another Question,

When in the process did you season your cast iron grates on the char griller?? Or did you?

Thanks,
Kyle

I did mine in my gas grill. You can also do them in the oven. I just wanted the freedom of moving the charcoal tray in and out without having to mess with the grates.

BBcue-Z

Post Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:23 pm
Rifter well done
well done

I followed Z's tip, and found that it was really easy to season the grates, as well as clean and season the inside of the grill.
Kevin 'Rifter' Rank

Post Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:49 pm
pizzakngjr medium-rare
medium-rare

Thanks, I did mine while I was doing the interior, And it looks wonderful. I had to use hickory as I grabbed the wrong bag at Wal mart, but it came out great. The exterior on the Side fire box blistered a little when I seasoned it But It's not showing any exposed metal, but I am gonna get some high temp paint to touch it up and be on the safe side, You know if it wasn't 10:00pm and pitch black outside I'd be grillin well I guess I would need some meat also... :lol:

Post Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:00 pm
Vinsect well done
well done

Here is a cookbook with some great ideas for your engagement meal. Its a cookbook of aphrodisiac recipes. :wink:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0965327507/ref=pd_bxgy_img_2/102-2960093-0182525?v=glance&s=books

This is a yahoo link, but you can get the book at any well stocked bookstores.

http://www.intercourses.com/index.html

Good Luck.
If it aint broke, Break it!
Then rebuild it better.

Post Fri Jul 09, 2004 7:26 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

C'mon Vinsect a diamond is the only aphrodisiac he'll need.

I made a great meal for my wife when I proposed, but on a whim as a result of this post I asked he if she remembered...
Her response is that she barely remembered anything prior to having the ring on her finger. INCLUDING ME ASKING!!
Make a good meal, but don't kill yourself over it.

Good Luck!

Post Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:24 pm
pizzakngjr medium-rare
medium-rare

Ok so it's McDonalds,Followed up by some Dove chocolate, since she won't remember ANYWAYS...Just kiddin :lol:

Post Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:12 am
jm42fan well done
well done

I went to Lowes to check out the Chargriller. They had about seven of them boxed up with fire boxes sitting right next to them. I wanted to look at it on display. They had every grill they sell on display, EXCEPT the chargriller. I'm gonna take your word on the grill. They have the chargriller on the lowes website. They have a place to rate the product. There were 326 ratings in 5 catagories. The highest score being a 5. The average rating was 4.7. That's pretty darn good. Cue, was those 326 ratings all yours? :lol:

Post Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:44 am
BBcue-Z well done
well done

I promise you, I’ve never done any posting on Lowe’s site. But it’s good to know that others think highly of this grill and not just me.
Here is the picture of the whole thing assembled.
Congrats in advance.

Post Sun Jul 11, 2004 8:20 pm
pizzakngjr medium-rare
medium-rare

Well I think it's about time I Christened my Char Griller, I am going to attempt my first brisket on Wednesday. "Z" I have a quick question so I do get off on the wrong foot, Do you start with on chimney in you Side box for smoking?? That and waiting on my thermometer......I hope it comes....

Post Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:40 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

I always start with 2 chimneys when the smoker is cold. Once you reach the proper temp, then you can adjust.
Good luck on the brisket. Let us know how it turns out.

Post Sun Jul 11, 2004 10:18 pm

I'm looking at doing a brisket first when I get it. Do let us know how the brisket comes out pizza. I was wondering where the water pan would go for smoking. I think you've answered that question Z. Thank you for all the help & tips you've givin.

Post Sun Jul 11, 2004 10:21 pm
jm42fan well done
well done

oops. The dreaded " forgot to log in" bug got me

Post Sun Jul 11, 2004 11:39 pm
pizzakngjr medium-rare
medium-rare

That is a valid point though, Should I use a pan of liquid, or just the brisket in a foil pan??
or is it pretty much at my discretion??

Post Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:04 am
BBcue-Z well done
well done

pizzakngjr,
I always use a water pan when I smoke in the CharGriller. I usually place 2 of them to cover the entire surface of the charcoal tray (I leave mine in even when smoking). This will keep the meat moist and better regulate the temp. You don’t need to put the brisket in a pan if you’re using a smoker. Steven recommends placing a brisket in a pan when cooking it on a grill. The grill high heat will dry up the brisket. If you’re using the side firebox, there is no need to place it in a pan.

jm42fan,
You're welcome. :)

Post Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:13 pm
pizzakngjr medium-rare
medium-rare

Sorry all,

The brisket didn't happen today, but it will tomarrow!! I will let everyone know how it turns out. It is a 6 lb brisket I got Dierbergs to cut for me and am going to use the "Cider Squirt" for Sauces, rubs, and marinades, other than that I am doing the recipe for the Brisket out of "Barbecue Bible". Does anyone think the rub will be too spicy for kids? They are not real big on spicy foods??? And I have a question, I picked up a brisket at Whole Foods, it's a flat and only at 3 lbs Do I smoke it the same way? It dosent look like it has a whole lot of fat on it I think i goof and got a Trimmed one by accident....

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion