Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion REPORT ON CANADA DAY PARTY

REPORT ON CANADA DAY PARTY

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:11 pm
Big D well done
well done

Well ladies and gentlemen I have seen a few post requesting an update and so I will now present it for you:

The party, less than 18 hours away, was looking in deep trouble when a small fire in my buddies house put it out of comission as our venue for the Canada Day Celebrations was now closed off. This place is a na amazing house.. 20 acre secluded lake front, boats, 11 bedrooms... It is just amazing party place. Some how we managed to find a 12,000 sq foot lodge that was not booked about an hours drive from Halifax, N.S. (capital, where I live) It is the most amazing secluded property with plenty of fun water activities. Needless to say it cost a pretty penny but we were exstatic to sort something out so close to the actually party.. I had almost had a heart attack.

The party began at 11:00am Atlantic time (10 eastern) yesterday, July 1st, and ended this morning at 11:45ish... I just finished walking in the door and need to unload my Summit Gold D then take a nice long nap after this post.

THe party did not end at all.. I think 1 person passed out and that was it.. We had an amazing bar tender amoungst the party goers so that added to the fun along with great music, tons of fireworks and booasting and swimming all day.

Food consisted of 30lbs of ground beef and a ton of bacon (I made Big D's collosal Heart Stopers) They are so amazing...l there is a lot of spices and grated cheese in the burgers wrapped arount garlic butter and wrapped with 3 full strips of bacon... 1 lb burgers each!

We had Jumbo Hotdogs and Sausages, plenty of salads and side dishes and chips and cookies and otrher snacks. We also had a few watermelon.. about 10lbs of Jumbo Shrimp on the Barbie, some lobster tails, lost s of vodka watermelon, strawberries.. just everything. We also ended up cooking 10 beer can chickens (they were big darn chickens too) and 10 racks of pork spareribs... They were cold smoking for like 8 hours.... We also had a 50 pound pig and a bunch of steaks including a stuffed flank steaks.. I also did chilli onions, bbq cabbage stuffed with bacon, cheese, bbq sauce, an assortment of peppers and mushrooms.... And their were alot of Vegtable Kabobs.

For breakfast this morning while people still partyed I Grilled Peppers and Musgrooms and Onions and Tamatoes and Put them in a ton of scrambled eggs, we also had Pancakes, Cinnamon rolls and breakfast sausage as well I grilled a few lobsters and put them in the eggs.

Needless to say, the party was amazing and I am dead tired. Unfourtunatly The digital camera had an unfortuante incident of not being waterproff at the bottom of a lake but we did have a couple 35 mm there so when the pics are developed I will scan em and post em

Post Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:13 pm
Big D well done
well done

Oh... you may have noticed the food .. had to bne increased from anticipated because a large contigency of single young ladies 8) decided to join us a few days in advanced..... I sure didnt mind :D

Happy 4th of July and Canada Day everyone!

Post Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:20 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Big D, wow my party's going to be dull next to yours! Sounds like a blast. Hope the friend's place was not too badly damaged. :(

Too bad about the camera. Hope the 35mm's turn out. I'm sure there were many memories made last night.

Get some sleep now, you've earned it!

Post Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:36 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Congratulations buddy you sure set the bar high for this weekends activities!
Sounds like a great party!

Boy Bob we were wrong, I didn't think he'd have enough strength to post today. After a party like that I know I wouldn't.
Don't look for my report till Tuesday.

Post Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:11 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

He's definitely got more stamina than I. By this time I wouldn't be able to stand up, much less function enough to find all those little keys on the keyboard. :lol:

Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:21 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I just got done my party weekend and I can still barely stand up. More on my event elsewhere.

Return to General Discussion