Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Jack Daniels BBQ sauce

Jack Daniels BBQ sauce

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:07 pm
vfxtrev medium-rare
medium-rare

If you've ever been to a Cactus Club Cafe restaurant, you've probably tasted their Jack Daniels BBQ sauce. It is unbelievable with an amazing kick. I love it. Does anyone out there have any idea how you would make it from scratch? Got a recipe that you've used and love? JD BBQ sauce rules!! Put it on ribs, burgers, etc. Awesome!

Trevor

Post Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:33 pm
grillmaster medium-rare
medium-rare

trevor
there is a recipe on the jack daniels web site for bbq sauce not sure if it is the one you are looking for or not but it does include jack in the recipe so cant be bad by my book.

http://www.jackdaniels.com/tennesseetable/bbqsauce.htm
here is a link
Chris

Post Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:44 pm
vfxtrev medium-rare
medium-rare

Wow, thanks grillmaster.... funny, never even thought to check the JD website... that's awesome!! Yup, i bet you that's the right recipe I'm looking for.

Trevor :D

Post Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:55 pm
jm42fan well done
well done

TGIFridays has alot of JD BBQ & glazed food. The double glazed JD ribs are excellent.

Post Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:56 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

There's also a great recipe in Sauce Rubs and Marinades that used Jack. I make it often and it too is great.

Post Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:13 pm
grillmaster medium-rare
medium-rare

trevor
your welcom grandscale is right try the one in srm it looks better than one on jd's site.
Hey i m rare now how'd that happen
that recipe is texas jack sauce pg 141

Post Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:14 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Trevor there's some Copycat recipes for Jack Daniels on this site: http://www.grillinchillin.com . Just happened to be there earlier today!

Post Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:28 pm
Reidmid rare
rare

I can't believe no one has said this, but the local chain grocery stores sell Jack Daniels Grilling Sauces. They're okay. I'd suspect if you followed the "real" recipe it would turn out better.

Post Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:35 pm
vfxtrev medium-rare
medium-rare

Yeah, I've tried the store bought one when I was down in San Diego... it isn't nearly as good as the stuff I've had at the restaurant. So I strongly suspect that one of the recipes noted here will be way better.

Trevor :D

Post Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:39 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I've had the store bought ones too and haven't liked them. Yes I like making my own, but I do still buy some occasionally. Those unfortunately didn't stack up.

Return to General Discussion