Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion What do you use to seal the neck of a Beer Can Chicken?

What do you use to seal the neck of a Beer Can Chicken?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:27 am
hooohaa2 rare
rare

Rifter wrote:
Well, to test out my theories, I have some friends coming over tomorrow, and I am going to cook the 3 styles I mentioned in my first post. I should have something for you on Friday. :-) My wife bought the bacon and Sausage today. :-) I am practicing for the huge 100 person reunion coming up at the end of next month.

You should roast a whole hog for the reunion. I tried to talk the director of my summer linguistics program here in North Dakota to let me do it... but to no avail.

Post Sun Jul 04, 2004 3:43 am
Rifter well done
well done

I don't think the Chargriller has that much capsity... though, I am hoping it can do 1/2 of one. Hoping to do that later this summer. With the chicken, I know how to do it, I have done 7 so far between my 2 grills, so I at least have a good feel for it.
Kevin 'Rifter' Rank

Post Sun Jul 04, 2004 11:28 am
alfyhouse raw
raw

So far I have fiound stuffing the neck with a peeled and trimed to fit pineapple gives added juice and flavor.
alfyhouse
If you can help me I need the shrimp recipe for Brazilian coconut shrimp.Ilost it from my Barbecue bible.
I planed on making it today and now I,m stuck
Help Pg.320 missing! :oops:

Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:00 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Kevin I bet you could put a suckling pig on the chargriller. I had a 15 pound brisket and two pork shoulders on the lower grates of mine this weekend. There is serious space in the super pro!
Its worth a shot. Nothin is as impressive as whole hog. But it sounds like your chickens will be giving it a good try.
Great goob.

Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:14 am
BBcue-Z well done
well done

The Char-Griller will easily accommodate up 25 pound suckling pig. I’ve done the measurements, but have not cooked one in it yet. I will be doing it very soon. I promise they will be pictures. :wink:

Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:51 am
Rifter well done
well done

That is VERY good to know. :-) I may have to try that in the coming month. :-)
Kevin 'Rifter' Rank

Previous

Return to General Discussion