Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Trouble finding a cast iron grate for grill, in DC area.

Trouble finding a cast iron grate for grill, in DC area.

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
kfinch74 raw
raw

I want to replace my grill's grate with a cast iron one, where can I buy a replacement grate? I saw that my grate covers 340 sq. inchs. :?:
Kenneth W Finch

Post Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:03 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

What brand grill do you have?

Barbecue Galore may have something that will sork.

Cast iron while searing nicely can be a bear to maintain.

Give a little more info and I'm sure one us resident loonies will be able to give some advise.
Weber Summit E-470
Weber 22" MasterTouch
Performer One Touch
Traeger Lil Tex
New Braunfels Hondo
Bar-B-Chef
Weber Q-220

Post Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:32 am
kfinch74 raw
raw

It is a Kenmore gas grill that and I use it atleast 2 times a week. I have some cast iron pans and dutch ovens. So I know the trouble it can be to be maintain but I do like the even heat distribution that cast iron provides, What I had in mind was getting two smaller grates to replace the larger grate. I thought this way it would be easy to replace a smoker pouch, for cooking indirect over long periods of time. I also heard a tip that you can place cast iron grates in the oven when you self clean it to help keep them clean.
Kenneth W Finch

Post Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:39 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

kfinch74,
I bought these pair of cast iron grates at Home depot for $25.00. I’m using them on an old Thermos gas grill. They work very well. I have a 2-3 inch gap between the 2 halves, but I don’t mind it. That gives me an opening to add more wood chips. See the measurements on their web site and compare them to your grill. www.homedepot.com
I hope this helps.

Return to General Discussion