Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion London Broil

London Broil

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:09 pm
Rob96 rare
rare

Just grilled a london broil for supper. Earlier in the day I applied some olive oil and Essence of Emiril Steak rub. Man was it good. I don't know what spices they use in this, but it was good. Topped that with small whole potatoes in a cast iron dish with butter and paprika. HMMMMMMMMM! I love making whole meals on the grill.

Post Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:38 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Emeril's Essence is deffinately good stuff. He really brough the concept of a rub to lots of people by "Bam". Check out his cookbooks for some great recipes, or foodtv.com.
Like any rub Essence is adaptable to your tastes and preferences. Her's a basic for of Emeril's Essence as reprinted from Foodtv.com.

*Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
1 tablespoon dried thyme

Make your own and play with adding new things or the proportions. Plus branch out and make you own. Get Steve's "Sauces Rubs and Marinades" for more great ideas than you can handle.

Or if store bought is your thing try Old Bay. I'm a big fan. Makes great potatoes and chicken.

Good luck and enjoy!

Post Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:34 am
Big Belly rare
rare

That was well said. Emril has brought the idea of rubs and more intense flavors a little closer to home making the concept more accessible to the average joe.
~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~
Big Belly
"Let's chew the fat!"

Return to General Discussion