Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion webber kettle rotisserie

webber kettle rotisserie

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:54 pm
sacmer well done
well done

OK gentlemen: I am fairly new to snooping the board (a few months) and consider myself a very good chef but intermediate smoker/slow cooker. I usually grill on gas most nights on my trusty Weber 3 burner but have recently resurected my kettle for about 5 beercan chickens for which the wife said "best I've ever had." I purchased the Weber kettle extension and rotisserie from Amazon (about $99) last week and made 2 chickens tonight. One standard BCC rub and one with lemon olive oil, lime, lemon pepper. I have difficulty getting wood here in N. Cal so used Kingsford + Mesquite chunks from my Home Depot + foil pouch with some soaked hickory chips. Took about 1 hour 20 min and pulled off at 160. Absolute hands down better than BCC. So moist it was unbelievable. Wife was floored and saying why didn't you have this a year ago! It is a bit of a hassle to skewer the chickens etc. compared to BCC but I could not believe they were more moist given no beer/fluid. Highly recommed the rotisserie for your trusted Weber Kettle.

Post Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:14 am
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Between your, Airfoils and Throff's glowing endorsements I may find myself dropping a C-note on one myself.
:D
Weber Summit E-470
Weber 22" MasterTouch
New Braunfels Hondo offset
Bar-B-Chef offset
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Q-220

Return to General Discussion