Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion My new grill

My new grill

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:56 am
502mids well done
well done

Got me a new Genisis Silver B, haven't had time (and a second set of hands) to set it up yet. Any words of advise? I know they're simple to set up, but was there something you missed or wished you did differently (besides Read The Free Manual!)

Also, a man is only as good as his toys. Any accessories that I gotta or should have? I'll check back when I get up (the 'mids' in '502mids' ya know)

Post Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:11 pm
sharky medium-rare
medium-rare

Congrats on the new grill!

I wsish I could help you out, but I don't have experience with that one.

Enjoy in good health!

Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:33 am
Shep raw
raw

Hi,

I have a Silver B as well and the set up was a snap... no problems at all and the instructions were very well layed out.

I would definitely recommend the Weber Steam n' Chips smoker box accessory! A must have for cooking with smoke and a BBQ isn't a BBQ without wood smoke. :)

Cheers

Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:38 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Welcome to the board Shep!

Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:41 am
Don Marco well done
well done

I have a silver B , too, and the setup was really easy for me alone.
Couldnt wait for the girl to arrive + didnt want the blame... :roll:

Don Marco

Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:45 pm
DarkRubiTJ medium-well
medium-well

Our grill assembly guy can assemble one in about 10 minutes, but he's got a bunch of experience :)

As far as accessories, get Webers cover it's expensive but it fits just right and worth the bucks. I think before I bought the smoker box I get the rotisserie, you can always do the aluminum foil pouch for smoking.
Weber "Q", Weber Performer, Weber 22.5" Bar-B-Kettle

Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:17 pm
PaulP well done
well done

I got a generic large grill cover from Wally World for less than $25. It's still going strong after 3 years. With the $50 you save, get a Steam 'N Chips smoker. Maybe it's me, but I could never get sufficient smoke using a cast iron smoker box or a foil pouch. You can buy a rotissierie if you wish, but we prefer Beer Can or spatchcocked chicken.
PaulP
If you don't like the food, have more wine

Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:20 am
vfxtrev medium-rare
medium-rare

Anyone know where I can buy the Weber Smoke n Chips in the Washington State area - preferably between Bellingham and Seattle. Just thought I'd ask since someone browsing these forums might be from there - I'm from Vancouver as you can see. :wink:

Also, when you buy the Smoke n Chips -- it comes with new grates for your grill? Do you get one or two?

Trevor

Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:52 pm
PaulP well done
well done

I got mine from Amazon. You get one grate (choice of porcelain enamel or SS.) You need it because the box takes up about 4" on the left side, so the original grate won't fit.

Because I live in a rural area, I end up buying most of my accssories on-line.
PaulP
If you don't like the food, have more wine

Post Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:04 pm

Bob-BQN wrote:

Thanks Bob!

Post Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:09 pm
Shep raw
raw

Anonymous wrote:
Bob-BQN wrote:

Thanks Bob!

Was me... doh!

Thanks and about the Steam n' chips... I ordered mine in Winnipeg through a Weber distributor since it wasn't in any stores.

Return to General Discussion