Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion pork tenderloin

pork tenderloin

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:25 am
pderico rare
rare

This grillin' thang is getting better. I did a pork tenderloin last night and my wife loved it. However, I would liked to have had it more moist. It was a far cry from dry, but like my meat real juicey. I have seen some posts here discussing spraying meat with apple juice or water every so often. Will this work with marienated meats as well? Any idea or suggestions?
- Phil
Chillin' and a grillin'!

Post Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:42 am
pderico rare
rare

Thanks Smokey-bones. The tenderloin used was store bought premarienated. I thought about mopping it but didn't know if it would destroy the marienade. Know that I think about it I realize it probably wouldn't. Thanks for the input.
- Phil
Chillin' and a grillin'!

Post Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:38 pm
grillmaster medium-rare
medium-rare

Hi pderico,
I have done tenderlion several times and the best way i have found is to brine it yourself prior to grilling and also you can inject it. The only dry one i had was the first one which i had cooked the same way you did. good luck hope this helps some.

Post Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:26 pm
Big D well done
well done

I like to brine meat... and unfoutunatly I no longer have an injector.. however when it comes to grilling pork products, as prok is typically a dry meat, I am a huge advicate of draping or wrapping meat in bacon

Post Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:58 pm
Rifter well done
well done

I have found this to be a great way to grill up different pork cuts, and keep them moist in the middle. http://www.meals.com/Recipes/RecipeDetails.aspx?RecipeID=30538 It was one of the first things I cooked on my gas grill, and it is one of the few things I have cooked more than once. :-)
Kevin 'Rifter' Rank

Post Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:51 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I prefet to make my own marinades instead of using store bought ones. The reason being is that making your own is part the fun. Some store bought marinades or pre-marinated foods are quite good. Just be careful of pre marinated meat. Many marinades work by breaking down the meat tissue, and if left in the marinade too long with break down the meat beyond where you really want to eat it. So just follow the sell by date and use by date and you should be ok.
In my opinion pork and chicken should always be sprayed or mopped or brushed while cooking. Your baste can be as simple as apple juice or beer/vinegar to the very elaborate. Pick up a copy of "Sauces Rubs and Marinades" for all the ideas you'll ever need.

Good Luck and Enjoy!

Return to General Discussion