Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Charcoal Basket Mod ? Edit: Now with pics!

Charcoal Basket Mod ? Edit: Now with pics!

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:31 pm
VanderClay rare
rare

I really need to build a box like this. I've looked for that non-galvanized expanded stuff before at HD with no luck. What section is it located in?

Post Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:00 pm
jazzspot well done
well done

VanderClay wrote:
I really need to build a box like this. I've looked for that non-galvanized expanded stuff before at HD with no luck. What section is it located in?

VanderClay,
In the various HDs I've gone to, the expanded metal is located in the screws/bolts/washers/nails aisle or area. You can ask the customer service desk or an employee in that section I mentioned, where the expanded metal is at. At times they are sold out.
Although I haven't purchased any from ebay, I did find some vendors of expanded metal ----- >
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=expanded+metal&category0=[/url]

One vendor is selling 3/4 X #9 EXPANDED METAL STEEL SHEET 12 X 24 for $5.08. And 3/4 X #9 EXPANDED METAL STEEL SHEET 12 X 48 for $10.16.
Not sure what the shipping cost will be for you.
Last edited by jazzspot on Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage

Post Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:02 pm
cub4life78 medium-rare
medium-rare

VanderClay wrote:

My HD didn't have any, didn't even stock it he said. Lowe's had it but it was 12x24 so I went to my local ACE Hardware and they had the 24x24 sheets. Lowe's and Ace had it located by the nuts,bolts, and rebar section.

Edit: If you find the proper size at Lowe's (assuming you go there), the angle iron you get needs to have the white paint on the end and the sticker should say STL which stands for stainless. I had to figure that one on my own though, they were no help at all. Hope this helps.

Previous

Return to General Discussion