Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Brisket - HTG Style

Brisket - HTG Style

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:41 am
s0ber raw
raw

Has anyone tried cooking their brisket in a tin pan like in HTG?i I was wondering how the bark would come out and how much more moist it would be compared to just on the grate. I cooked my first brisket a few weeks ago and it was great. I thought it was a little dry, and I wish i had taken it off a little sooner.

Post Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:21 am
SRH_21 medium
medium

HTG - "How to Grill", it is one of Steve's books.

Post Fri Jun 25, 2004 7:34 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

s0ber,
I’ve done Steven’s brisket a couple of times, and it was a hit. If you’re using a grill to cook your brisket, that’s the only way to go. Steven mentions in HTG that if you’re using a smoker, there is no need for the foil pan. The foil pan protects the bottom of the meat from the grill’s direct heat and prevents the meat from drying. If you ever cook 2 briskets at the same time, try this (same concept, different application):
Stack the briskets on top of each other’s. This way you’ll have the fat cap of one brisket basting the other. You’d want to pull the brisket from the bottom and put it on top every hour. The lower brisket will act as a foil pan. Remember to cook the brisket until the internal temp reaches 190-195 degrees.
I hope this answers your question.

Return to General Discussion