Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Guests, Visitors and Browsers!

Guests, Visitors and Browsers!

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:01 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

WOW!!! OVER 900 registered members!!!

All of you "guests" out there! register now and let's see if we can break

1000 members before the Fourth of July.

I know there are a bunch of you out there.

No one spams you or bothers you in anyway

(except Airfoils, but that's a different matter altogether)

Join us and Share the Flame! :lol:
Weber Summit E-470
Weber 22" MasterTouch
Performer One Touch
Traeger Lil Tex
New Braunfels Hondo
Bar-B-Chef
Weber Q-220

Post Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:59 am
Airfoils well done
well done

We'll try not to hold it against you that you take congeniality lessons from Bobby Flay. :) Oh, and that you're from Maryland but that's another story.

Post Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:38 pm
RichD medium-well
medium-well

Hey now. I know it says New Jersey under my name, but I'm originally from Maryland so I'm going to have to stick up for Yardburner!! :D

RichD

Post Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:31 pm
Airfoils well done
well done

RichD wrote:
Hey now. I know it says New Jersey under my name, but I'm originally from Maryland so I'm going to have to stick up for Yardburner!! :D

RichD

Worst part about Maryland is that it sits between New Jersey and West Virginia! LOL! :D

Post Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:04 pm
irishfolker medium
medium

It seems that there are a fair few of us Marylanders here on this board. I personally am smoking up the sky in Columbia.

irishfolker
Thig Crioch air an t-saoghal ach mairidh gaol is ceol

Post Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:58 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

What was that about smokin' Columbian? 8)
Weber Summit E-470
Weber 22" MasterTouch
Performer One Touch
Traeger Lil Tex
New Braunfels Hondo
Bar-B-Chef
Weber Q-220

Post Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:43 pm
steede rare
rare

Actually Maryland doesn't border New Jersey. Delaware seperates us from Jersey, don't blink though you might miss the "Small Wonder." As for West Virginia it's the butt of a lot of jokes, but I would move there in a heartbeat if it wasn't so far from work. There's some really nice areas out in West By-God.

Post Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:53 pm
ThrRoff well done
well done

Marylanders Unite!!

Post Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:42 am
Airfoils well done
well done

steede wrote:
Actually Maryland doesn't border New Jersey. Delaware seperates us from Jersey, don't blink though you might miss the "Small Wonder." As for West Virginia it's the butt of a lot of jokes, but I would move there in a heartbeat if it wasn't so far from work. There's some really nice areas out in West By-God.

I didn't say it bordered it I said it was between them. :wink:

ThrRoff wrote:
Marylanders Unite!!

LOL! Well I guess that would include me to an extent then since I'm a native Marylander. Jokes on you guys! Of course, you can't decide where you will be a native of but I can claim to have spent most of my life in Carolina :D Anyway, I got some mileage out of pushin YB's buttons with the Maryland stuff for quite a while. It was fun while it lasted :cry:

South Baltimore. North Anne Arundel.

Can I have an AMEN for soft shell crabs on the grill? :twisted:

Post Thu Jun 24, 2004 7:35 am

Marylanders Unite!!

:D

Carolina may have BBQ, but we got the Terps. ACC football is almost here and it will be time for the Terps to unleash on dem Tar Holes, Pukies, and Wolfpack ;)

[/quote]

Post Thu Jun 24, 2004 7:47 am
Airfoils well done
well done

OMG, you aren't actually comparing Maryland collegiate athletics with Carolina are you? That's like comparing a Weber kettle to a George Foreman and Carolina doesn't plug in :wink: In fact, it seems to me its only been the last 5 years since anyone realized Maryland even had an athletic program :lol:

Post Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:20 am
steede rare
rare

I guess there really isn't much of a comparison ;) Maryland has dominated everyone in the ACC save the 'Noles in Football and Duke in hoops, but we all know both those programs cheat- especially those slimy, holier-than-thou Dukies. Coach K and his ilk make me want to throw up my brisket everytime I see them on TV. All kidding aside (save the Duke comments) Maryland has had a nice little run of late. UNC gets superior talent every year, especially in hoops and will be back near or on top soon- I think they have everyone coming back next year, so you might be doin' some bragging pretty soon Airfoils.

Post Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:29 am
RichD medium-well
medium-well

Hey Air, I hail from Perry Hall in Baltimore County. In fact I was there this past weekend.
Oh and by the way here's your YEAH for those softshell crabs!!! :twisted:

RichD

Post Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:12 am
Airfoils well done
well done

RichD wrote:
Hey Air, I hail from Perry Hall in Baltimore County. In fact I was there this past weekend.
Oh and by the way here's your YEAH for those softshell crabs!!! :twisted:

RichD

Everytime my wife and I cross the border, we count cops till we get to our destination. I've been up and down the east coast many times and Maryland has got to have the most cops per capita than anyone but then it's not exactly a secret that it's an exceedingly big government friendly state.

That said. Maryland has it's moments. Now I shall have to grill some soft shells this weekend. They'll be complimented by some grilled silver queen corn on the cob and fat red better boy tomatoes halved and topped with Old Bay. Now I just have to whip up a concoction for the softshells...hmmmm...what this time... :idea:

How about if I stuff them with Makulski's crab cake recipe and maybe some dill?

Now for the ouitside...

Post Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:56 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Airfoils here's one I saw Emeril do on food network during their grilling marathon.

I haven't tried it yet but it looked awesome.

This is from foodtv.com

Cheese-Stuffed Soft Shell Crabs with Grilled Tomato-Basil Coulis, and Grilled Green Onions Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, 2003
Show: Emeril Live Episode: Quick Grilling
Recipe Summary
Difficulty: Easy
Yield: 6 servings

12 very fresh soft shell crabs, sandbags, aprons and gills removed, rinsed, and patted dry
1 1/4 cups crumbled goat cheese
Olive oil
Essence, recipe follows
Salt
Freshly ground black pepper
2 bunches fresh green onions, root ends trimmed and wiped clean.
Grilled Tomato Coulis, recipe follows

Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
Stuff the cavity of each crab with 2 tablespoons of the goat cheese, pressing the cheese firmly to fit. Rub each crab lightly with oil and season with Essence, salt and pepper.

Rub the green onions lightly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.

Place the crabs on the grill and cook, turning, until crisp and bright red in color, about 5 minutes per side. Place the green onions on the grill and cook, turning, until marked and starting to color, about 2 minutes. Remove from the grill.

Arrange the Grilled Potato and Fennel Salad in the center of each of 6 plates, and top with 2 crabs. Drizzle 1/4 cup of the Grilled tomato-Basil Coulis around and over the crabs, garnish with the grilled green onions, and serve.

Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
1 tablespoon dried thyme

Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container.
Yield: about 2/3 cup

Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch. Published by William and Morrow, 1993.

Grilled Tomato-Basil Coulis:
2 pounds large ripe tomatoes
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon minced fresh basil leaves

Preheat the grill to medium-high.
Place the tomatoes on the grill and roast, turning, until the skin is evenly charred. Remove and when cool enough to handle, peel and seed the tomatoes.

Place the tomatoes in a blender or food processor, and process with the oil and vinegar. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Add the basil, and adjust the seasoning, to taste. Serve warm with the grilled soft shell crabs.

Yield: about 3 cups

Next

Return to General Discussion