Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion water smoker

water smoker

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:10 pm
missing link well done
well done

I like to know if there is some different waster smoker out beside the wsm,brinkmans,

I have the ECB, EL Dorade, weber platinum, and I was building me a bigger smoker and now i,m saoping for a new one to add to my manying pits.

I like the bandera is there any information out about how will this pit cook are is there one that is batter .

thanks,
missing link.
Have Fun and keep it Low and Slow.

Post Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:00 am
Vinsect well done
well done

Insider tip.....
Not sure why, but the Bandera is being discontinued at Home Depot. If you can find a store that still has any, they may be going on clearance soon.
Also, if you buy one now and they are clearanced out and put on sale afterwards you can bring your reciept back and get the price adjustment during the return period.
Meaning, since there is a 90 day return policy you could hypothetically return the product at the price on your reciept and repurchase the same item for the sale price.
But you shouldn't have any trouble just asking for a price adjustment refund. Save your reciept.
If it aint broke, Break it!
Then rebuild it better.

Post Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:13 am
hawgpimp rare
rare

hey link, you like your El Dorado? I like mine for grilling and hewavy smoking, but I'm in the process of making charcoal basket for the El Dorado and the Brinkmann gourmet (ECB Deeluxe, not quite WSM, but gettin there)

Post Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:16 am
DarkRubiTJ medium-well
medium-well

Welcome to the obsession.

In your area you should not have any trouble coming accross a Bandera. Acadmey and Home Depot should both be reliable sources.

There are several members of this board that own Banderas, myself being one. There is a group on Yahoo dedicated to the Bandera. There is quite a bit of information available from that board, relating to modifications and other info pertaining to using the Bandera.

On modifications, I reccomend the expanded metal grate for the fire box, the baffle for the smoking chamber, and sealing the fire box and chamber, all of which are discribed in detail on the Yahoo board. I would also reccomend adding a spring and washer to the smoking chamber outlet flap, so that it will allow more consistent adjustment of the flap. I used a spring from a "Weed Wacker" and a couple of fender washers in addition the the press on axle nut that you get with the unit. This keeps the flap flat against the chiminey in all locations.
Weber "Q", Weber Performer, Weber 22.5" Bar-B-Kettle

Post Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:55 pm

I LIKE MY EL DORADE I DID MAKE ONE MOD TO THE PIT IT WAS A NEW FIREBOX I USE THE SAME FIREBOX ON THE SIDE AND BUILD A NEW ONE USEING SOME 1/4" PLATE AND WELD IT. I,M THINKING ABOUT MAKE SOME TUNING PLATE AND SEE HOW WILL I CAN TUNE MY HOE PIT COOK AT ONE TEMP WITH VERY LITTLE HOT SPOT.
WISH ME LUCK.

THE MISSSING LINK.

Post Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:01 pm
missing link well done
well done

I LIKE MY EL DORADE I HAVE MADE ONE MOD TO MY PIT IT WAS A NEW FIREBOX
I LIKE TO SEE IF I COULD BUILD A SET OF TUNING PLATE SO I COULD TUNE THE PIT FOR ONE TEMP. WITH LITTLE HOT SPOT.
WISH ME LUCK

THE MISSING LINK.
Have Fun and keep it Low and Slow.

Return to General Discussion