Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion BBQ stuffed BBQ potato

BBQ stuffed BBQ potato

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:14 pm

Hi, new guy here, seems to be a problem when I try to register, but I will ASAP. Anyway, this may be the oldest trick in the book, but have you guys ever had a smoked potato loaded up with butter, cheese, sour cream, chives, and then a big pile of pulled pork all topped of with your favorite BBQ sauce? I was introduced to them at a hole-in-the-wall BBQ place that had potatos as big a footballs, they fed two people. The place is long gone, but that's how I fell in love with BBQ, Thanks to Steven's books I had the courage to smoke my own Butt (and potatos!) for the first time last weekend and they were out of this world. I've also already learned a few things browsing the forums tonight! Sorry such a long post, I just get excited. :D

Post Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:28 pm
Big D well done
well done

Welcome!
We love those long post, especialyl when people share new ideas and really really love em with pics ;)

I havent tried that but that sounds amazing! Of course I love to stuff smoke potatoes with cheese, sourcream, bacon, chives,, etc. but havent tried it with pulled pork but certainly will soon.. just a tip for potatoes you may already use and many people have heard... brush your potatoes skin with Bacon Fat while cookin.. I like it better than butter,,,, better flavour....

Post Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:40 pm
AndyC medium-rare
medium-rare

Welcome aboard! When I lived in Minneapolis there was a BBQ place that served burgers toped with pullled pork and coleslaw! Really good stuff, then again come to think of it, I think most things toped with pulled pork would good. :oops:
My BBQ/Grilling log - http://catertots.net/

Post Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:02 pm
RichD medium-well
medium-well

Welcome to the board.
Man I know what I'm doing the next time a put on a a butt. I'm throwing on some potatoes and maybe a hamburger or two.
Great ideas!

RichD

Post Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:39 pm
spfranz well done
well done

Hey Andy - I'm still in Minneapolis. Where can I find one of those pork topped burgers?

Scott
I like vegetarians. Some of my favorite foods are vegetarians.

Post Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:48 pm
AndyC medium-rare
medium-rare

spfranz wrote:
Hey Andy - I'm still in Minneapolis. Where can I find one of those pork topped burgers?

Scott

Those can be found at caps grill on Hiawatha. Can't remember the cross street but its near the VA hospitle and Minnehaha falls park.

Oh how I miss all of the good eats in minneapolis. :cry:

Post Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:19 pm
Big Pappa rare
rare

I have had this plate at several places here in Alabama. Boy it is great. I have not made it myself yet but I have a feeling that it is not too far away. :D

Post Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:42 pm
Rifter well done
well done

That does sound good, may have to make some for my wife and I. Unfortunately, I live in Idaho, so we can't get the good potatoes, they ship them ALL out of state. *sigh* We get these little ones, that are still good, but not like the big Idaho russets you see elsewhere.
Kevin 'Rifter' Rank

Post Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:24 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

It’s a shame that you live in Idaho and can’t get those beautiful potatoes. Here is a contact to help you locate a supplier in your area:
IDAHO POTATO COMMISSION
PO Box 1068
Boise, ID 83701
tel 208-334-2350
fax 208-334-2274
ipc@potato.state.id.us
http://www.idahopotato.com/

Post Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:52 pm

Big Pappa wrote:
I have had this plate at several places here in Alabama. Boy it is great. I have not made it myself yet but I have a feeling that it is not too far away. :D

Hey hey, I finally was able to register (I'm the 'guest' that started this post). I'm in B'ham too Big Pappa, let me know how they turn out!

Post Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:35 pm
spfranz well done
well done

Hey Andy - went to Cap's Grille for lunch today and got that Cajun burger. Half pound with cajun spices, topped with pulled pork and melted pepper jack. What a fantastic burger!

Thanks for the tip!

Scott
I like vegetarians. Some of my favorite foods are vegetarians.

Post Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:18 pm
AndyC medium-rare
medium-rare

Glad you like it, I used to live near there so we went there for breakfast also. They have a really good omlette toped with house made andouille sausage (or is it chorizo?) gravy. Its a milk gravy they use on biscuits. They actually have lot of good stuff for breakfast there.

Return to General Discussion