Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Pulled Pork Boston Butt -- What did I do wrong?

Pulled Pork Boston Butt -- What did I do wrong?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:52 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Sorry Hotchef, :oops:
Did not mean to cause you any trouble. I promise I won’t post this picture anymore. Just wanted to demo how even this smoker cooks.

Post Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:28 am
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I agree with hotchef, Z. That pic is just too good.......

Like the guys said, the best way to get good pullable pork is to leave plenty of fat on the meat and get it up to 195-200F. I'll be reminding the guy who's buying the meat to do so when I cook some up on July 4.

Post Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:03 am
Big D well done
well done

Z... those pics are amazing! I love your camera soooo much!

I tend to agree donot trim the fat... if anything Ilike to wrap with some bacon to add more.... I might not be the healthiest of cooks but I cant remember when any food was too dry

Post Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:53 am
GBitto rare
rare

Bob-BQN
Thanks for that yahoo link. I've been trying to get more info about the GO 3600. I'm planning on doing a 6-8 butt this weekend and all this info is a great help. It's great to have forums like this. There's no better place to get info than from others in the same situation. :D

Post Thu Jun 24, 2004 7:57 pm
Ronbo rare
rare

I agree with RichD, I like to let the internal temp reach 200 degrees. This makes the pork a piece of cake to pull (except it is still pretty warm). I just smoked 2 butts and 2 picnics this weekend and they came out great. Smoked them for 11 1/2 hours. I also use a dry rub and do not mop them during smoking. Once I shut the lid I leave them until I reach 200. Seems to work for me.
"Taste the Difference" - Traeger Grills

Previous

Return to General Discussion