Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Bought a 7 Lb. N.Y. Strip Today

Bought a 7 Lb. N.Y. Strip Today

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:15 pm
Yankee Bill medium
medium

Went by a local Butcher Shop this A.M. to see what kind of " Goodies " he might have to do up on the Char-Griller this afternoon. He had whole, and half, N.Y. Strip's for $5.29 lb..

Got me a 7 pounder, and actually thought about maybe letting it age for a couple of week's. Unfortunately, temptation got the better of me, and I cut 3 nice big 1-1/2 inch steak's out of it, to grill up for the Wife, my Mother, and myself .

Just did a couple of quick sides of Steven's Grilled Corn on the Cob w / Herb & Garlic Butter, Grand Scale's grilled Plumb Tomatoe's w / cheese ( AWSOME TOMATOE'S G.S.) and some baked Sweet Potato's.

Still got a good size piece of the N.Y. Strip left if I can find the restraint to age it, but I don't think it's gonna make it that long :? Anybody else do any cookin today?

I was going to have my "Boy" cook it for me for Father's Day, but he get's a little clumsey around the Grill, having 4 Paw's and all :wink: . YB2
Last edited by Yankee Bill on Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'll eat anything that won't eat me first !!!

Post Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:54 pm
spfranz well done
well done

I did almost exactly the same thing as you Bill. Three strip steaks, sweet corn, and garlic toast. Now here's the weird part - I didn't use my Kamado. Instead I went out and bought a Weber One-Touch Gold and did everything on that. Go figure.

Scott
I like vegetarians. Some of my favorite foods are vegetarians.

Post Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:02 am
Yankee Bill medium
medium

Scott, You can never have too much Hardware :lol: .

Congrat's on the One Touch Gold ! How do you like it so far ? YB2
I'll eat anything that won't eat me first !!!

Post Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:58 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Glad to hear about the great meal!
I'm happy you enjoyed the tomatoes.

Spfranz,,,you'll still always be the Kamado king to me... :wink:

Post Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:38 am
spfranz well done
well done

Bill - I like it just fine, it just feels a little like taking a step backwards but there's a reason for it.

I've been asked to do a full weekend worth of cooking (Friday night, Saturday all three meals, and Sunday breakfast and lunch) for a group of 10-14 people. This is going to happen once a month through September (maybe October). The location is not at my house and a Kamado #7 is not exactly portable.

The people hosting it have offered their gas grill which I'll probably use for heating sauces and stuff but most of you know how I feel about gas. So, I went out and picked up the Weber so I had a charcoal grill I could use. I'm going to spend the next few weeks playing with it so I don't completely screw up the first weekend.

Should be a lot of fun. The hard part is coming up with the meals. The weekend is a horse training session. The time the meals are served will vary depending on where they are in the training session. But, we want them ready to go within 5 to 10 minutes notice. We also want them to be a step above the usual sandwiches, etc. Lunch has to be good but not too filling (don't want to slow them down in the afternoon). The house we're serving at is still under construction and there are no stoves so the only things I have to work with are the grills and anything I can plug in.

It will be a bit of a challenge but should be a lot of fun. I already have a lot of ideas, just have to see how it all plays out.

Scott
I like vegetarians. Some of my favorite foods are vegetarians.

Return to General Discussion