Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Grill or Smoker

Grill or Smoker

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:00 pm
goldenbear medium-rare
medium-rare

Yeah, I just recently bought a Chargriller and am happy with the purchase. I bought it because of the versatility of being able to smoke and grill. I know some of the other smoker with side fire box units like ones at BBQ galores are pretty similar but the reason why i chose the chargriller was that in the main chamber, the charcoal tray is adjustable. You can raise or lower the tray to regulate your heat when grilling in direct heat. The other ones didn't seem to have that functionality. (maybe they did but just wasn't on display).

And I got a great deal on mine. I paid 149.98 for the Super Pro and the Side Fire Box, total. It usually costs 119 for the Super pro but I price matched with the price at NorthernTool.com. Link below but if the link doesn't work, search for Chargriller. You can always order it from them, too, since you can get free shipping but I wanted my grill right away. :D

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/ ... tegoryId=0

So with the savings, I also got the grill cover for 19 bucks. So why pay more for something less versatile than the chargriller? I am a new fan of it now. Can't recommend it any more. And this site has been tremendous help in getting me steered toward the right direction to getting your smoking experience a successful one.

Good luck!

Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:00 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Hey Z-
What is your ballpark cooking time when doing chicken like in that picture above?
I'm going to do chicken and ribs on the Chargriller this weekend and know that I have 4 hours for my ribs but less for my chicken, if you can give me a ballpark on how much to lag I'd appreciate it.
I'm still getting used to this whole charcoal business! :wink:

Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:10 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Grand,
It took exactly four hours to cook these chickens. It was a total of 6 chicken split in halves and quarters. I left the charcoal tray in (at the lowest position) and placed two water pans on it. They will cook faster if you don’t use water. The cooking temp was maintained at 225 degrees. I used a total of 4 chimneys worth of charcoal briquettes mixed with lumps.
Good luck.

Previous

Return to General Discussion