Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion i need some help on a new book

i need some help on a new book

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:52 pm
missing link well done
well done

I like to know if anyone has read the new book BBQ USA .

I would like some information on this book.

1) how are the recipes

2) dose it have some new ideas on cooking and things i would love to tray

3) dose it match the HTG book

guy we all love to cook for are faimly and friends so let me know some information so i can run out and buy it or bag for it for father day.

thanks for your help
missing link.
Have Fun and keep it Low and Slow.

Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:24 pm
Big D well done
well done

If you liked HTG you'll love BBQ USA... I find HTG to be the perfect begginer or entry book outlining techniques and what not and you will find somemany more intriguing and unique recipes in all of SR's books such as Beer Can Chicken, Sauces & Rubs and BBQ USA

Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:26 pm
2beast medium-well
medium-well

Great book................I really enjoy venturing out with some new ideas. This book brings in recipes from all over.
It will take me a long time to try everything that has grabbed my attention in this one.

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:55 am
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

BBQ USA is incredible. It's over 750 pages long, has hundreds of recipes, and it's got tons of restaurant info as well. While it doesn't have step-by-step illustrations like HTG, I don't find that I need them.

I've owned about 30 BBQ cookbooks and videos. HTG is the best one I've seen for the beginner/novice. However, if you're more experienced, BBQ USA is the logical next step. Plus, it's got tons of addresses for the most famous BBQ restaurants in the country, which is going to make my next trip stateside a joy- I'll get to plot my route around what BBQ places I want to visit!

I own a copy of the Jamiesons' Smoke and Spice cokbook, and for a while I thought it was the finest BBQ book around. Not anymore- BBQ USA just replaced it.

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:09 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

There are several other threads discussing the books out there as well but I'll add my 2 cents here too. First I own and love all Steve's books. The are all great reads and full of easy to follow info.
Personally BBQ USA is my least favorite...as a cookbook. I keep it on my coffee table and its moreso than the others is a great read.
I like the recipes in the others better.
They are still all great books and deserve a spot of reverence in your house.

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:52 am
DarkRubiTJ medium-well
medium-well

I own all of Steven's books except BBQUSA. I just aquired HTG this week only because Costco had it for $12 and some change. I love the Bible and Sauces Rubs and Marinades. As soon as I can find a deal on BBQUSA I'll buy it, just to have it. I think I'll use it like Grand does. I always reccomend Steven's books to my customers, especially HTG to folks new to the grilling way of life. My other go to book is Paul Kirks "Championship Barbeque"
Weber "Q", Weber Performer, Weber 22.5" Bar-B-Kettle

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:17 am
s0ber raw
raw

I oringally bought HTG last year, a few weeks ago i bought the bible, bbq usa, sauces rubs, and beer can chicken for around 50$ shipped from amazon. For the price you cant beat it.

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:23 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Way to go s0ber 8) . Personally I don't think you can go wrong with any of Steven's books. My wife says that I find fault with everything cause I'm a perfectionist. Still haven't found a bad dish yet, but tryin' real hard. :wink: You'll enjoy BBQ USA too.

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:40 am
JDasmokin rare
rare

My first book of SR's was The bbq Bible and I coudn't put it down
It still sits by the recliner so I can look at it at my leisure.
Since then I have bought all the rest of SR's books including BBQ USA.
They are all spectacular.
I don't believe you can go wrong with any of them.
My advice is run to your nearest bookstore and pick it up.
You won't be disapointed an informative read.

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:12 pm
missing link well done
well done

Ijust injoy this site were can you go and get help and sit and talk barbecue all day.
I going to have to run out and buy me a new book today thanks again for your help.

missing link .
Have Fun and keep it Low and Slow.

Return to General Discussion