Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Rotisserie Chicken Recipe?

Rotisserie Chicken Recipe?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:33 pm
Barbq43 rare
rare

Hey Barbecue buddies,

I'm thinking of grilling a spit-roasted chicken tomorrow for the family (texas style), but I can't find a good recipe. I don't think I would like the "ASIAN sesame five-spice rotisserie chicken" (HTG) or the "HAWAIIAN honey lime huli huli chicken" (BBQ USA). I don't have the Barbequebible book, maybe there is a good recipe in there?? Any suggestions??

Post Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:51 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

You can’t go wrong with lemon juice, garlic and olive oil. Maybe add some fresh herbs to the mixture such as oregano, thyme or rosemary. Season the chicken with salt, black pepper, lemon pepper, and granulated onion powder. I like to add allspice to my rub, but if you don’t like the flavor, then omit it. You can also use a fajita spice mix for a rub. Brush the chicken with liquid mixture through out the cooking time and you’ll have a perfect chicken. If you have an injector, inject the chicken with a mixture of garlic juice, lemon juice and olive oil. If you want it a little spicy, brush it with hot wing sauce towards the end (wing sauces burn fast).
I hope this helps.

Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:26 am
DarkRubiTJ medium-well
medium-well

If you have never tried Five Spice powder I would highly reccomend it. After cooking it ends up being almost like a sweetener. I' never tried the Sesame 5 Spice Chicken, but it looks like it would taste wonderful, some wonerful sweetness from star anise, cinnamon, and cloves of the 5 spice and an over tone of the slightly nutty seame oil.

If it still doesn't float your boat, you can always use the old standby, cheapo Italian Dressing with some granulated onion added and maybe some fresh rosemary thrown in for good measure. I use a big bottle of dressing, marinate the chicken in 3/4 of the mixture and use the last 1/4 to baste with.
Weber "Q", Weber Performer, Weber 22.5" Bar-B-Kettle

Return to General Discussion