Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Cooking time question

Cooking time question

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:35 pm
starpacker medium-rare
medium-rare

In How to Grill, there is a recipe for Jamaican Jerk Pork, and on page 115, in the On the Grill section, it says 15 -20 minutes per side. Shouldn't that be 15-20 minutes per side per pound? It seems that 30 to 40 minutes total would barely even warm the meat. On the other hand, I was the feastocrat for an SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism) event, and prepared a couple of recipes from How to Grill, and the response was overwhelming! I prepared about 40 pounds of meat dishes, and when the event feast was done, I had less than 3 pounds of left-overs. Thank you for making me a success, resulting in an Award of Arms at only my second event, something that is very rare.

Post Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:05 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

starpacker when I cooked the jerk pork I grilled it for 10 minutes on one side, turned it for another 10 on the other side. After which I rotated it 90* and flipped it for 10 more minutes on each side. A total of 40 minutes cooking time and it was cooked through. Don't remember the internal temperature, but I believe it was around 175*.

Hope this helps.

And congratulations on feast!

Post Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:56 am
starpacker medium-rare
medium-rare

Bob,

Thank you for the info, and I will give it a try when I do the shoulder.

Allen (Starpacker)

Return to General Discussion