Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Went Nuts

Went Nuts

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:04 am
Nukem medium-rare
medium-rare

Howdy,

This weekend was Bachelor weekend as my wife was out of town, so what better time to have a bunch of beer swilling, cussing, lying guys over to eat Q and lie. This is what I did! 1 LB of Pork Chipolte Chedder Sausage, 2 LBs Wild Boar Loin, 3 LBs Elk Roast, 2 LBs Tri-Tip.

Wild Boar Pork Loin. I made a cool Watermellon/Jalapino injection that I found here and injected that sucker up with that after putting a St. Louis style rup on it. I then mopped it the last hour. Oh man this was GREAT! I had my doubts about it, but highly recomend it.

Wild Elk. Cajun Rub with a Sweet and Spicy mop sauce added the last hour. The elk came out perfect also, nice and moist with good flavor

Tri Tip, the way I always do it. This is my signature dish, and it always comes out great!

Pork Chipolte Cheddar Sausage, did nothing.

I built a Hickory fire using lump hickory charcoal and lump apple wood. For Smoke I used Pecan wood. the Sausage was about an hour and were searved as appitisers. Everything else was smoked for about three hours at 225 and came out AWSOME! All the meat had 1/4 - 1/2 smoke rings on them. Really pretty.

I was using a Char Griller and made one mistake, I would like to blame it on the beer, but beer would never lie to me... Anyway, I had the charcoal rack in the main chamber too high blocking the smoke and heat from the fire pit. I kept wondering why I wasn't getting any heat, I had a ton of fuel on there. Well the next day when I was cleaning it up I saw the error of my ways and will make it a point to have the charcoal rack out, or set on the bottom in the future when I use my side smoke box.

Of course everyone was stuffed full and had a great time! Especially with the great wine that was served from that evil wild pigs vineyard! :twisted:

Nukem
I can't eat this, there aint no meat!

Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:41 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Sounds great to me!
I too am a huge fan of the watermelon injection. Please tell me you didn't skip the watermelon salsa that goes with it. :shock: If you did now you just have to go out an fire up some more pork so you can have it with the salsa this time. It really is excellent.!
Congrats on your cookout.

Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:26 pm
JDasmokin rare
rare

Sounds like my kinda party,
The menu sounds great.
Since the wife was gone I hope this was all an outside event.
A lot easier to clean up those beer cans.

Return to General Discussion