Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Father's Day Wish List

Father's Day Wish List

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:29 am
Info@Workman Site Admin
Site Admin

So a casual review of the board tells me that more than a few of you have had new grills, ahem, follow you home (thanks for that one BobBQn). If any of you would like to drop hints to the people in your lives who might wish to get you something grill-related for Father's Day, here's your thread.

Now, when the Mrs. asks what in the world you're doing at this site, you can casually point this direction (subtle, yes?).

Info
Last edited by Info@Workman on Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:37 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

I've already hinted, strongly :D , that I need a second 30lb propane tank. Pleeeease.

Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:55 pm
Airfoils well done
well done

Bugs please!

Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:52 pm
MReynolds well done
well done

Well, I'll just settle for a side of beef, a whole hog, and about a dozen chickens for our deep freezer. :lol: No really, I've already told the wife and kids that a nice steak dinner from the grill is just fine for me. :wink:
ImageImage
PETA - People Eat Tasty Animals

Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:18 pm
stripegrill medium
medium

Already got my gift, my Brinkmann Pro Series 2600. (See previous post for info). I love it. I am trying to convince the wife for an offset smoker, maybe for my birthday. Failing that, some steaks to throw on the grill would be fine!

Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:40 pm
ThrRoff well done
well done

I am hearing the call of a Weber Smokey Mountain. I have been impressed using the kettle as a smoker. And for most occasions my Brinkman is simply too large for two people.

Post Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:05 am
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I'm hoping for a decent horizontal barrel smoker, but I'd be happy with a few bags of hickory, pecan, oak or mesquite. There's enough birch, maple, and applewood in my part of the country, but I find these woods a bit light for my tastes.

Oh- and a few good hot sauces, like Dave's Insanity or Blair's 3 AM Sudden Death would be great, too.

Post Sat Jun 12, 2004 5:43 pm
502mids well done
well done

Peace on earth.

...and a Weber Genesis Silver B

Post Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:02 am
Vinsect well done
well done

We just got a cool new BBQ accessory set at Home Depot. Its a stainless steel set that comes in a little metallic brief case. It looks like something James Bond would grill with.
$39, worth checking out.
If it aint broke, Break it!
Then rebuild it better.

Post Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:25 am
chagan well done
well done

I could really go for a rotisserie setup for my 22.5 kettle or a Smokey Joe Platinum for the upcoming tailgate season (the little gas grills were a little disappointing -inconsistent heat zones, and problems staying lit on the high wind days, so we've decided to go with charcoal for ease of use and consistency ) :wink:

No, it ain't burnt- it's barbecue

Post Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:09 pm
jm42fan well done
well done

The wifey already knows that I want a Weber Platnum. Let your wife know she won't have to cook as often. That will usually get you a grill really quick. I would also like to have a GOOD grilling store in OKC. A grilling game for the PS2. To play the game you would choose the grill type, fire type, meat & other things. Then you would get points for how good of a job you do. :D

Post Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:20 pm
2beast medium-well
medium-well

I think i need a larger Chile Grill!

Post Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:32 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

How about a trip to Barbecue University? :wink:

Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:03 pm
jm42fan well done
well done

Now your talkin BBcue