Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Smoking update

Smoking update

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:41 pm
McSherry rare
rare

Gang-
Yesterday I smoked a shoulder and a few racks of ribs for some friends. Small (4.5 lb-er)shoulder - had it on for almost eactly 6 hours at between 200 and 225 degrees. Rubbed it Friday night and put it on around noon. sprayed it with Dr. Pepper every hour or so.

Ribs were on for about 4.5 hours or so. Rubbed them in the morning, refrigerated them for a few hours, then put them on. Smoked for 2.5 hours at 200-225, then wrapped them in foil with a couple cups of Dr Pepper/apple cider vinegar solution and put back in smoker for an hour, another 1/2 hour w/o the foil, then a last half hour with a light sauce/honey glaze.

Smoked them both with hickory. Shoulder was great -- ribs were awesome.

Any thoughts from anyone?

Anyone else busy this weekend?
"The bigger the headache, the bigger the pill."
-George Clinton

Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:46 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Hey Bill,

I smoked a couple of briskets this weekend. And I seasoned my new charcoal smoker...finally. We've had quite a few storms lately and I was able to aquired some downed pecan, so I spent some time cutting it up into chunks. Still have a lot to go. Also did some cleaning up after the storms.

It's been a very busy weekend. We have smoked turkey for Sunday dinner. It fed 20 people with some left over. A very tasty bird that got lots of compliments.

Have a good one!

Post Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:35 pm
AKGriller rare
rare

Sunday we enjoyed smoked Walleye at my house. I take a cleaned fish with head/tail still on and fill the body with red onions, bell peppers (any peppers will work), and chinese black bean sauce. The bean sauce has a wonderful garlic component, but be careful not to use too much it is potent. I use toothpicks to hold the body closed. Cooking time can vary depending on grill/smoker type, so use a time you are familiar with for smoked fish.

Return to General Discussion