Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Pork Loin & Sausage

Pork Loin & Sausage

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:45 pm
Nukem medium-rare
medium-rare

Ok fellow smokers, this is what I gots,

I have a 2 1/2 lb wild boar pork loin that I am fixin to smoke. This unsavory fellow was eating all the Pinot Noir grapes and had to be fixed, so I am fixin him! :wink:

I am thinking about doing a St. Louis Style rub (24 hour application) with the Vinigar/bourbon mop and a St. Louis Style BBQ sause to finish. I am going to smoke over lump mesquete charcoal and use Pecan wood for smoke for about 3 hours I am thinking at 225 - 235.

I also have from this same grape eater some sausage that is un-cooked that I am thining I'll smoke for 45 min. Of course this meal will be searved with Piot Noir. LOL :twisted:

HOWEVER, I wanted to consult the experts to see if they had any ideas that I should try out. Anyone have some ideas for me before I start the process? :?:

Thanks!

Nukem
I can't eat this, there aint no meat!

Post Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:15 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Nukem that sounds great! But may I suggest spfranz's watermelon injected pork. It is absolutely awesome!! Infact I have a 7 pound pork loin in the freezer waiting for the 4th of July that will be done that way. Keep you rub, keep you smoke but add the injection. You won't be sorry! The salsa, eventhough it sounds crazy is great too either on its own or with the pork. I can't reccomend it enough!
You can find teh details here:

http://www.barbecuebible.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=585&highlight=watermelon
or by searching for watermelon.

Good Luck[/url]

Post Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:02 pm
Yankee Bill medium
medium

Hey, thank's for the link G.S., and thank's for the recipe spfranz.

I've got a couple of wild Boar backstrap's in the freezer as well. I think they'll be taking a little Watermelon swim come July 4TH weekend :lol: .
I'll eat anything that won't eat me first !!!

Post Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:07 am
PaulP well done
well done

Guys, I'm not a smoker, but 3 hours at 225???? Indirect at 350, a 3 lb or so domestic pork loin takes about an hour to reach 145 internal. Seems like it should take longer than 3 hrs at 225.
PaulP
If you don't like the food, have more wine

Post Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:54 am
Nukem medium-rare
medium-rare

Good recipe, I think I may try that out! Paul, you are right, I check the meat temp a lot and when it hits 145 I'll pull it off and let it rest. This particular loin isn't to thick, that is why I susupect it won't take as long.
I can't eat this, there aint no meat!

Return to General Discussion