Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Apricot and Plum stuffed pork tenderloin

Apricot and Plum stuffed pork tenderloin

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:53 am
Don Marco well done
well done

Heres tuesdays food off the grill :

-Bacon wrapped Pork Tenderloin ,filled with dried Apricots and Plums that have been soaked in Bourbon overnight.Rubbed with Texasbbqrub. Indirectly grilled on a small Weber with Hickorywood.
Finished with a very thin coat of Texas Pepper Jelly

-Garlic mashed potatoes with grilled onions

-Peas and carrots with sauce hollondaise.

Good eats ! :D

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

DM

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:24 am
HotSauceGuru well done
well done

YUM!! I know that stuff looks good, but did it taste good? Sweet heat?
Image Image
"Who you callin' a chile head?!"

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:45 am
BubbaQue well done
well done

What did you use to poke the hole in the tenderloin? How long did you have to soak the dried fruit? I love grilled onions. I use large onions, usually red ones and cut them into think slices and run a bamboo skewer through them to hold them together. I grill them like hamburger patties flipping them when they get grill marks and then moving them to the cooler side of the grill, close the lid and let them cook through. I resently used left over pulled, pork, grilled onions, and grilled corn, to make Brunswick Stew. Man that turned out great.
Weber 22 1/2 Platium
Weber Smokey Joe Platinum
WSM

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:41 am
Village Idiot well done
well done

That food looks awesome.

I like the idea of cooking side dishes in aluminium pans...you can keep an eye on the stuff and the liquid won't leak out of the foil packs.

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:48 am
Don Marco well done
well done

BubbaQue wrote:
What did you use to poke the hole in the tenderloin?

I didnt poke a hole, i cut the TL open.
You can see it on this pic, i made a cut from the 8 o clock position up to the top and then downwards.Rolled it open, filled it and the rolled it up again.Wrapped with Bacon and tied it.

The fruits were soaking in Bourbon overnight, about 12-14 hours.

DM

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:05 am
TX Sandman well done
well done

BubbaQue wrote:
What did you use to poke the hole in the tenderloin?

You can use a long, thin-bladed knife, but you need to be very careful. A boning knife works pretty well, although I like the idea of opening the TL completely. Probably can get more filling in there. :D

Don Marco, this looks great! I like the pan idea for the onions, and love the jelly glaze. I bet it added *just* enough heat to set off the fruit sugars.

Rob - TX Sandman

Post Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:00 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Everyone will have to excuse me while I wipe a tear from my eye. That plate is so beautiful!!! :D And did you folks see how many times Don said Texas? My compliments to the chef. 8)

Post Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:47 am
Caesar medium
medium

WOW! Aside from how good that must taste, my wife says you should be a food photographer.

I just bought a mess of beef ribs that I was going to put on tomorrow and now the little ladie is saying that we should defrost the frozen pork loin we have in the freezer. :D

Return to General Discussion