Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Brinkmann 2600 help!!

Brinkmann 2600 help!!

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:43 pm
stripegrill medium
medium

Just picked up my Brinkmann 2600. Got it home (already assembled, thanks to Lowe's) and fired it right up to burn off the protective coatings/oils. Shut it down ok. Went to fire it up on Sunday and nothing worked. Leak tested the lines, no leaks. Got it to match light but only with a real low flame on the 1 burner. Went to light #2 and everything went out. Anybody have any clue?

Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:13 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

If that's not the tank from your Sunbeam, I would switch tanks to see if that's the problem. It sounds like it's low on gas or a line is blocked. Best I can do since I don't have experience with gas grills.

Hope you find the problem.

Post Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:05 am
PaulP well done
well done

The new tanks with the OPD will reduce gas flow to a trickle if you turn on the gas at the tank with a burner valve open even a little. It's a safety device to limit gas flow if there is a break in the line or another leak. Try turning the gas off at the tank, make sure that the burner valves are closed completely, then disconnect the line from the tank. Leave it off for a few minutes, then reconnect and try lighting it again. If this doesn't work, check for leaks first, then checxk for a blocked line or try a different tank.
PaulP
If you don't like the food, have more wine

Post Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:06 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Thats great advise Paul. I learned something myself about OPD there. Thanks for sharing.

Post Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:30 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Being new to gas that is something I wasn't aware of. Thanks for the info PaulP!

Post Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:40 am
stripegrill medium
medium

Paul, GrandScale, Bob-BQN,
Thanks for all of your insight. It actually was a brand new tank. I called Brinkmann and they said the most common problem is turning the gas on with a burner on. I tried that and still no luck. The second problem they said was a loose connection with the supply line. I retightened and still no luck. I even used compressed air to blow out the line and no luck. I am now trying to get them on the phone. They said the next problem is probably a bad regulator and supply hose, which they would replace at no cost. I will let you know what happens!

Post Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:33 pm
stripegrill medium
medium

Just got off the phone with Brinkmann. I thought they had lousy customer service but it seems that their phones have been out all day due to a storm. I left a message and got a call back from a rep within a 1/2 hour. Not bad. ANYWAY...

The rep said that it was not the regulator being bad but actually was a safety device working to prevent too much gas from getting in to the system. He gave me a procedure to try and fix it. I will try when I get home and let you know. That is if it stops raining here in Chicago!!! I feel like I live in Seattle, but without the good fish!

Return to General Discussion