Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion New Year's Weekend Cook

New Year's Weekend Cook

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:23 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Well it was a long weekend so I thought I'd do some cooking (plus my wife & kids were wanting some pulled pork :lol: ). :D

I mentioned in another thread earlier today some of the things I made and now for the pictures.

Grilled Habanero Hot Wings. Although I thought I used quite a bit of hot sauce, these wings were not as hot as I expected them to be. Though they had a bit of tingling burn to them, they just didn't light me up. :wink: I'll use more habanero sauce next time. :lol:
ImageImage

I got this idea from Chitown BBQ and just had to try it. Even though we still have some cooked brisket in the freezer I just had to do this before the year was out. The onions caramelize (almost burning) and add a great flavor to the beef. 8) This is also the first time I've ever cooked a brisket using a pan.
ImageImageImage

The pulled pork that my family strongly 'hinted' for.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Another attempt at beef ribs. They weren't quite as good as last time (which were the best beef ribs I've ever had) but still a nice treat. I will do these again until I get them right!
ImageImage

Post Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:45 pm
copkid well done
well done

Always the master of the grill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:
Beautiful! Bravisimo!! (is that the way you spell it? :lol: )
Laura

Post Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:40 pm
TX Sandman well done
well done

Looks good, Bob. As always, an excellent job. I can't remember the last time I had wings, and I'll gladly test a few for you next time. :wink:

I'll have to try that brisket method some time. I remember that discussion, so now we know how it does. How thick did you cut the onions? Did it add a sweet flavor to the meat, or a more onion spice?

For New Year's Eve my MIL did a spiral-cut ham in the oven, and the BIL did a brisket on their grill. That beef was so chewy and dry I could hardly eat it. Even sauce didn't help, it was like eating a coaster dipped in ketchup.

Rob - TX Sandman

Post Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:42 am
T-Rex well done
well done

Bob, Bob, Bob, Bob.........a masterpiece! That's all I can say about the pics...................................................................Oh, yeah and I wish I could taste test them all. Food looks heavenly!!!!

Post Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:24 am
EKomrska

Now that I have to get another computer because I ate my monitor....

Everything looks wonderful!

Post Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:18 pm
cmcadams well done
well done

Unfortunately, I lost the directions on how to get there... I am now officially hungry!
Curt M
Bucky McOinkum's BBQ
Website
Blog

Post Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:07 pm
mrgrumpy well done
well done

Yes, he has a way of doing that to us.

Great looking as always. (of course, we never show our worst :roll: :roll: :roll: )

Bill

Post Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:32 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

My transmission must be slipping as I seem to have totally forgotten to take pictures of the ABT's we made. :oops: :lol:

I cut the onions about 3/8 - 1/2 inch thick and used 3 good sized onions for the bed. They add more of an oniony-sweet flavor. :)

Oh, you know, ya'll taunt me with your goodies, especially if it's been a while since my last cook. 8) We just keep doing it to each other. :lol: Now it's your turn. :D

Return to General Discussion