Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Weber family sticky

Weber family sticky

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:34 pm
BubbaQue well done
well done

As popular as the Weber products seem to be, why isn't there a Weber family sticky on the site like the Char Griller family????????????

Should we start one??? Should we have a Weber usergroup???
Weber 22 1/2 Platium
Weber Smokey Joe Platinum
WSM

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:36 pm
T-Rex well done
well done

WEBER! WEBER! WEBER! WEBER! WEBER!

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:35 pm
jamesstew well done
well done

Yeah, but it should be a charcoal kettle family sticky. The gas grills are nice but not classic.

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:03 pm
jcharpentier well done
well done

definitely kettle family :P

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:08 pm
Buttmunch rare
rare

Love weber kettles and the WSM. So far I have five weber kettles and one WSM. Someday I may even get the ranch kettle if I could find a reasonably priced one on Craig's list.
Lets hear from more weber owners.

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:15 pm
Wolfpackbbq well done
well done

The only problem I see is they don't have problems. Everybody can use them out of the box without any mods or building. Seems like a boring sticky

Buy a Weber and I love my Weber
repeated for 27 pages

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:37 pm
outagas well done
well done

wlfpkrcn wrote:
The only problem I see is they don't have problems. Everybody can use them out of the box without any mods or building. Seems like a boring sticky

Buy a Weber and I love my Weber
repeated for 27 pages

Great point.

Typical post: "I decided to smoke a pork butt on my kettle. I never had done this before, so I Minion'd the start with a Weber chimney load of charcoal and the vents just cracked. I got busy and forgot about the pork on my Weber. Twelve hours later the temp was sitting steady at 227F. The pulled pork was perfect. "

"What can I do to get my temp to a steady 225 next time?"

jrp
"El método del Su Excelencia, el Rey Minion"

Post Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:05 am
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Now, that's just not right!! :lol:

I've had my kettle soar up to at least 230* time and time again
during a "cheater" smoke, and everything turned out fine.

Are you saying I did it WRONG!! 8)
Weber Summit E-470
Weber 22" MasterTouch
Performer One Touch
Traeger Lil Tex
New Braunfels Hondo
Bar-B-Chef
Weber Q-220

Post Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:21 am
TX Sandman well done
well done

My first thought her was "Yeah, we need a Weber thread. We could share techniques and inspire new owners to try new stuff."

Second thought was "If newbies fiind their way here, they'll be learning and inspired without needing a sticky."

Third thought: Yeah, we could use one. It might not be as busy as the CG family thread, but it would be a great place for new kettle owners to learn what they can *really* do with a kettle. Besides, I own a kettle, and a space to type tricks I learn along the way would be cool.

Rob - TX Sandman

Post Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:16 am
jamesstew well done
well done

Although Weber kettles work great out of the box there are tons of mods you can do if you like to tinker. I've attached thermometers attached a lifting mechanism for the fire grate, made a cheap fire grate from expanded steel so lump won't fall through. I've seen people attach homemade side tables and build a kind-of homemade Weber Performer. T-Rex recently posted some nice pics of an expander ring he made. Also don't forget all the accesories you can get from Weber. I recently go the Slide-Aside lid holder for my 22 1/2" gold and couldn't be happier.

Post Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:11 pm
NHSmoker rare
rare

I just picked up a Weber kettle grill off Craig's list for $25. I can't wait to experiment with it. I think a BCC is in my near future.

Life is good!
WSM
Weber 22.5 Stainless Performer

Post Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:45 am
TX Sandman well done
well done

jamesstew wrote:
Although Weber kettles work great out of the box there are tons of mods you can do if you like to tinker.

I have a silver model and this place has inspired me to try some mods for my kettle. I always wanted to get more table space, but now I may have to do a mod for the ash catcher (clip-on piece a . . . ). And the side tables have always been in the plans, but never got around to it. That'll have to change.

Yeah, with all the recent threads woth kettle mods, a sticky, or at least a FAQ, should be in the works.

Rob - TX Sandman

Post Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:55 pm
Hamilton medium-rare
medium-rare

Mines got a 2" rust hole right in the bottom of it and all the lower vents are long gone, and it still works great!

I recently bought a WSM - another engineering marvel.
No man can eat 50 eggs.

Post Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:33 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Hamilton wrote:
Mines got a 2" rust hole right in the bottom of it and all the lower vents are long gone, and it still works great!
If you buy a new bowl, save the old one for those times when you need a lid with extra clearance. A beer can turkey, for example.

Brad

Post Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:29 pm
mbshop well done
well done

if not here then go to
www.virtualweberbullet.com/index.html
they have a kettle discussion group
george
spam, can't live without it.

Next

Return to General Discussion