Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Infrared grills experience?

Infrared grills experience?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Thu May 27, 2004 10:00 am
lindaandandy

Do any of you have a infrared gas grill? We have looked at several models and have been told that they have the flavor of charcoal with the convenience of gas. They are hotter than high end gas grills like DCS or Viking. However, we are concerned about their ability to cook on low heat since we do lots of stuff like beer can chicken. Does anyone have experience cooking on one?

PS We are graduates of BBQ U and loved it.

Thanks,
Linda & Andy[size=18]
[/size]

Post Thu May 27, 2004 6:18 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

I don’t know much about the Infrared grills, but Chef’s catalog is selling this portable model for $259.99 (originally $359.99). If you can’t get an answer to your question, I would start with something like this before investing too much into a larger model. These grills are highly recommended, but I don’t think they would give you the same results as charcoal.
Here is the link to their web site: http://www.chefscatalog.com/store/catal ... rod2960121
As far as low temp cooking, you will be using the indirect method, and it does not matter much which kind of grill you’ll be using. Lighting one side of the grill and leaving the other side off achieves this. Then you would place the food over the unlit side and close the lid.
Are you the couple from the T.V. show?

Post Fri May 28, 2004 8:06 am
lindaandandy

No we are not that couple. Thanks for your suggestion. Is there anyone else out there who has used an infrared grill?

Return to General Discussion