Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion chcken help

chcken help

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sun May 23, 2004 1:02 pm
grillmaster medium-rare
medium-rare

I am going to do a beercan chicken using hard apple cider i am not sure what spices to uses for a rub any suggestions? i was thinking maybe allspice or a poultry seasoning.

Post Sun May 23, 2004 1:50 pm
ThrRoff well done
well done

Grillmaster. Sounds like an interesting combination. Let us know how it turns out. I suppose I would add some salt, pepper, and a bit of granulated onion and garlic to the cider. Should be good.

Post Sun May 23, 2004 3:23 pm
grillmaster medium-rare
medium-rare

:P thank your for the response i failed to mention that it is a hard apple cider malt liquor not regular hard apple cider. if that makes any difference. thanks for the input i will keep you updated. ThrRoff

Post Sun May 23, 2004 9:13 pm
ThrRoff well done
well done

Gril Master, That sounds even better, and I bet the allspice screams. Lets us know.

Post Sun May 23, 2004 9:22 pm

:D well i just finished my meal and to say the least is was awesome and that's not just my opinion. i ended up mixing the allspice with the poultry seasoning and also injested the bird with a mesquite marinade. the hard apple cider i used was hornsby's if you have never tried it you should. and my wife accidently grabbed hickory wood chips used em anyway came out great. haven't had a bad beer can chicken yet.has to be the best way to cook a bird.

Post Sun May 23, 2004 10:50 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Welcome to the board Grillmaster!

Glad your bird turned out well. :D

Return to General Discussion