Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion smoker

smoker

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri May 21, 2004 9:11 pm
ricko raw
raw

I would like to buy a smoker and would like to know how the electric smokers like cookshack or bradley compare to charcoal ones.

Post Fri May 21, 2004 10:49 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

ricko welcome to the board.

We haven't had much chatter around here about Cookshacks. From what I understand they are a little pricey, but they are well made. Here is a thread that may provide a little info, as we only have one member that I'm aware of that smokes with one: http://barbecuebible.com/board/viewtopi ... =4802#4802

Can't help you with the Bradley, maybe someone else can pitch in.

Hope you find the answer.

Post Sat May 22, 2004 10:49 am
Vinsect well done
well done

I think Yankee Bill has an electric smoker?
If it aint broke, Break it!
Then rebuild it better.

Post Sat May 22, 2004 11:38 am
Yankee Bill medium
medium

Hi Ricko,

And welcome aboard :lol: As Vinsect stated I do have one, I've got the Char-Broil electric H2O smoker, it's a bullet type design and different than the type's you mentioned. It is not as high tech (or high priced) as the two you mentioned, but it'll produce some plenty good tastin' Q.

I was looking into getting a cookshack a few year's back, before I decided on mine. Don't, quote me for sure on this, but if my diminishing memory serve's me correctly, I belive it was on the Cookshack forum, where I had read some complaint's that some folk's were having a problem with the door's on their Cookshack unit's blowing open during cooking, due to some kind of a combustion problem. I don't recall if it was contained to a specific model or not, but a couple of people had the problem so that steered me away form them. As I've said I'm not 100 % sure it was the Cookshack unit, but am reasonablly certain it was. If so, I would like to think they have addressed the problem by now.

I can't offer much info on how my unit compares to the other's, but it work's fine for my need's. I would imagine you might have a bit more precise temp. control on the higher priced unit's however, and I believe they may be insulated as well, which would also contribute to that. Whatever you decide, I'm sure in no time you'll be turning out some tasty Q that will impress your family & friend's :lol: . Best wishes, YB2
I'll eat anything that won't eat me first !!!

Return to General Discussion