Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion FREAKIN RAIN!!!

FREAKIN RAIN!!!

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Thu May 20, 2004 10:26 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Tell us. I know we're dying to know.

Just how long have you been retired? :lol:

When it gets a little too hot down there you're welcome to head up to Yankee land and clean -up a few around here.

YB

Post Fri May 21, 2004 6:05 am
BBcue-Z well done
well done

I just clean them as I go. And I use Goo Gone BBQ cleaner. After years of barbecuing, I finally figured out that if you take care of the equipment, they’d take care of you too. I’ve lost so many for being messy and lazy, so you can say I learned the hard way.
YB,
I wish I were retired. I have a long way to go. But you know, when I do retire, it’s going to be BBQ time all the time. :wink:

Post Fri May 21, 2004 9:06 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Can I be your friend? WOW! I love that playground you have.

An offset and a 4-6 burner gasser and I'll be set.

I see you have the GOSMS with the smaller cast iron smoke box. They had two types at Lowes when I bought mine and I got the one with the larger box. Some folks take the box out and use a cast iron frying pan in its place.

Thanks fo the photo...you've made my day! :D

Post Fri May 21, 2004 12:59 pm
Big D well done
well done

that brought a tear to my eye.. I am going to print off tha tpic and keep it next to my Gold D,,, kinda like a Swimsuit calander for BBQ's

Post Fri May 21, 2004 3:07 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Add pictures of Bikini Girls with the grills and then we're talking a "Smokin Hot Calender"
Big D you could probably fit a Bikini Girl on the lid of the Summit D just like the obligatory girl on the car hood picture! She'd be our grilling cover girl! Heck thats a better hood ornament modification than the pig with wings! Now I just need to figure out where to find one.

I'd buy a copy of that calendar!

I don't know where my wife would let me keep it, but I'd buy one!

Post Fri May 21, 2004 6:10 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Thanks Bob,
And you are my friend.
I love my GOSMS. If you remember I mentioned that I don’t use the lid on the cast iron smoke box, this gives me better smoke. It’s almost like using a cast iron frying pan. When I bought mine, Low’s did not have the larger model. So far I’m happy with it though. It’s also great for overnight cooking (it does not require much monitoring).

Post Fri May 21, 2004 6:17 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Thank you guys for all the compliments on my grills, I really did not think I would get this kind of reaction when I posted the first photo. I was just trying to show Yankee Bill my overhead cover. :oops:

Post Fri May 21, 2004 10:38 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

I do remember, it was upon you advise that I also removed the lid from my smoker box as well. It's a lot easier to add wood and I can use larger chunks. I now use the lid as a bridge between my GOSMS gas and GOSMS charcoal to set my remote probe thermometer on. It works great with the magnetic base. Thanks for the tip.

Previous

Return to General Discussion